TARGET Kapolei has the worst customer service I've experienced in a long time! I bought a few things today because I have guests coming tomorrow. One of them was a Swiffer Sweeper. I get the thing home and it's got pieces missing.

So I have to waste my time and gas to drive all the way back to the store.

When I get back to the counter to exchange the product I ask if they compensate customers for this type of thing. She says "Not usually for these types of items." Even if it had been a diamond necklace I still would've used the same amount of time and gas to take it back!

I'm taking my business to Walmart and Kmart from now on!!!

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

Get a better job so you don't have to shop at target

Was the guest service person alone at the desk? When there is only one person working at guest service, they are not allowed to leave the desk. Even so, is there anything keeping you from going to get it yourself?

Quote=”RON”

“What do you expect from a FRENCH company ??”

What on earth makes you think Target is French? The company is 100% American, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and in continuous operation since 1902!!

Even if the company were foreign owned, what relevance does that have to this discussion?

Quote=”RON”

“People complain & still shop there anyway. My family & friends don't let friends or family shop at Target. EVER !!!”

Then why are you lurking on a Target specific discussion board?

Quote=”service***!”

“One of them was a Swiffer Sweeper. I get the thing home and it's got pieces missing.”

Was the package open when you bought it? If the box was sealed the problem occurred before Target put it on the shelf.

Quote=”service***!”

“So I have to waste my time and gas to drive all the way back to the store.”

Not really. If you routinely go to the store you could have exchanged it on your next visit. You are the only one inconvenienced by your own schedule. What if you arrived at Target and it was closed, because the Team Members decided to go home early? Perhaps they didn’t want to waste their time waiting on you?

Quote=”service***!”

“I tell the customer service lady the situation and she tells ME I can go get her another one while she stands there!”

What exactly did you expect to happen? That she would have a replacement under the counter just in case you popped in to get it?

Quote=”service***!”

“When I get back to the counter to exchange the product I ask if they compensate customers for this type of thing.”

Do you know of any retail store that would compensate a single guest for their time to return an unwanted or defective item? Name them! You have unreasonable expectations.

Quote=”service***!”

“She says "Not usually for these types of items." Even if it had been a diamond necklace I still would've used the same...

Does Target sell high value jewelry? Does Zales sell Swiffer Sweepers? You would use less gas if you moved nearer to the store. Where you live, where you shop, how you deal with transaction errors are all under your control.

Quote=”service***!”

“She opens a drawer full of coupons, hands me one for $3 off and walks away. I spent more in gas to take the *** thing back!”

Lucky you! It is not usual for Guest Service TMs to hand out coupons. Did you give it back or keep it? Why would you keep it if you have self-banned yourself from shopping at Target again?

“I'm taking my business to Walmart and Kmart from now on!!! “

You will not be missed at Target! BTW, neither of those stores carry diamond necklaces or compensate their customers for travel expenses. Good luck!

What do you expect from a FRENCH company ??People complain & still shop there anyway.

My family & friends don't let friends or family shop at Target.EVER !!!