2.4
Layout of Store

This is the letter I sent to Target. I've wasted enough time and don't want to rewrite it for this review!

To my retail friend no more!

Why you are losing this LIFETIME customer…

I have been a loyal customer for the life of Target. I began shopping at Target in the 80s and have been shopping there ever since. Today, that relationship has ended.

“Why?” You say!

Because, today I was in need of a quick birthday gift for a child’s birthday party. I decided to get her a Target Gift Card by email. I assumed that the gift card would arrive in my email box as something that I could print and give as a card. I wanted to give $20, but that wasn’t an option, so I upped it to $25. My daughter chose the design she liked for her friend and we went through check-out. Upon receiving the confirmation email, I was very upset to find that the gift card would arrive within 4 hours. This is the digital age and this should be instant. We had to leave for the party. I IMMEDIATELY went into my account to try and cancel the order, but, as you know, I could not do that.

So, I called customer support. After explaining my concern, the agent said he would see what he could do and put me on hold. I waited for about 10 minutes, heard a click sound and soon after “If you’d like to make a call…” Frustrated, I sent a reply to the confirmation email to cancel the card, grabbed twenty ugly dollars from my wallet for the gift, and left the party that I was now late for.

Upon arriving home from the party, I called Target again. As much as I explained my frustration and my history as a Target shopper, as well as my frustration over being disconnected, all I was told was verbiage about return policies and where in small print is says delivery can take up to 4 hours. Eventually, after I expressed my frustration and intention to never shop at Target again, and the ridiculousness of Target holding my money hostage, I was transferred to a supervisor.

Again I had to tell my whole *** story all over again. Again I’m told about his inability to return the card. I tell him about my intentions and that I’m 51 and have been shopping at Target since college. To that, he says “you don’t sound that old”. What? Eventually he too puts me on hold saying he’s going to contact a department that might have more ability to provide a refund. This time, after only 3 minutes, I hear the telltale click followed by “If you’d like to make a call…” I wait to see if MAYBE someone will call me back. Your agents DO have my phone number. But no. And, do you think I intend to start all over again. No!

Seems I will have to use up this $25 at Target, and then I will be done. And oh, when people ask me why I can no longer shop at Target….I’ll let them know that Target no longer has the customer support they used to and it’s not a safe place for me to shop!

Good Bye TARGET

****Oh my, an update!

I tried to post this to your feedback section on the Target website. I chose “online experience” from the drop down window. Nothing else would load. I tried several times. It says “please wait” indefinitely. So, despite my desire to never call Target again, I called customer support. I asked the agent where I could send a letter. He came back and told me to “email it to www.somthing...” (I don’t remember the rest of the URL). I told him that that wasn’t an email address. He told me I could email my letter to that address. I told him that it was a web address, not an email address. There was no reply and the line was silent. Three times I said, “Hello, are you there”, no reply!

Get your act together!

You are missing the TARGET all together!

Product or Service Mentioned: Target Delivery Service.

Comments

You should never wait until the literal last minute to shop for anything when you know you have to have it at a certain time. Are you sure you're 51 and not 5?

MrSharkNasty

This is funny! There was obviously nothing they could do for you!

You couldn't accept what they told you so there is only one way to stop with your harassment, CLICK! And believe it or not what you were doing is harassment.

Fussing over a 4 hour delivery is just insane. You should have been better prepared for this birthday party.