I recently went to Target in Colorado Springs for a flu shot. While I was waiting, the technician started talking about "how many people pass out after getting the shot." I felt this violated some type of privacy law, but simply stated, "I would be embarrassed if that happened to me." Somehow this was misconstrued and the pharmacist refused to give me a flu shot because he assumed (and announced out loud) that I was high risk for passing out because of my comment.

I explained multiple times that the TECH is the one who brought up passing out but she literally lied and said she did not know what I was talking about. Obviously she was afraid of the pharmacist finding out she had breached patient confidentiality by making fun of people.

I will never come to this pharmacy again because I don't want to have this technician reveal my private information to random customers. Do yourself a favor and drive to the "far" Target off Briargate where the technicians respect customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Target Customer Care.

Comments

aliens_amoung_us
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States #1231005

Anyone within ear-shot can hear your personal information at any given time, whether it be your medication, phone #, name, address, etc. This goes for a pharmacy or a doctors office.

HIPAA is a joke, and is ignored. If you feel it's a violation, contact http://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/filing-a-complaint/

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #1229808

Just be glad that didn't do out loud a private medication or condition as they did to me