2.5
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I agree. I bought an item but it didn't fit the location in my house when I got home.

I went back same day but this time to a target a few miles closer to my house. They wouldn't return the unopened shelf unit with a receipt. They absolutely refused they said because it was from a different store. Incredulous.

Annoying & rude. It's not a franchise - it's a corporation & both stores were in same city! Waste of my gas & time. The lady in customer service looked at my receipt & gave me a fuss because the shelf that fit would be cheaper & she said only store credit so I went ahead & selected items I didn't need to make up difference but then when I got back to register again she said well actually we won't return the book shelf at all you can just buy cheaper one out right and keep the one you don't need because we won't return an item purchase at another store.

I got mad and decided to just leave with no return & they said on my way out "Don't forget your item you didn't want". Great customer service - not!!!

Disgusting. I will go to Macy's, Sears, JCPenney, Walmart or someplace else in future!!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of target customer care. Target needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned target customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Target.

Comments

Spring Hill, Tennessee, United States #1237196

You can't return an item from a different store the same day because the purchase hasn't processed in the system. It may seem like a silly policy, but you can think dishonest people for that. If you need to return something, you can return it same day to the same store or to a different store the next day.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1214717

Why didn't you go to the one that was closer to begin with? Would have saved you time and an extra trip if you measured first.

That being said, you should have returned it to the store you purchased it from, the next day.

I don't think they let you return items from another store for some unknown reason, as I've dealt with this before. They also can't do a return on an item the same day as it's not in their system or some such nonsense.

unfairhiringprastices
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1201237

While I disagree with you about them being rude. Telling a person no is not the same as being rude, they should have let you return the item. You should have refused to leave the store until you were allowed the return.