I placed an order for 2 pairs of shorts on Target.com website because they were unavailable in stores. I need them for an upcoming vacation. I chose the shipping speed that would get them there on time.

The following morning I got an email from Target saying my order was delayed and now they might not arrive until too late. The email said I could log on to the website and cancel the order.

I did, and there was no option to cancel the order. I emailed customer service, then later called them. They told me that the order would not be shipping for another 6 days but that it was too late to cancel, they would not refund, and there was nothing I could do about it. They wouldn't even send me two new pairs with expedited shipping, and recall the ones that were already ordered.

Now I will receive two pairs of shorts in DECEMBER while I'm already in Aruba and won't be able to use them, and because Target has my money I will not be able to get different ones elsewhere.

I will never order from Target again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Target Shipping Service.

Comments

I had the same exact experience. They told me I could simply refuse the package when it arrived, or return it to a store and get everything credited back.

I didn't want to do that since it would be a waste of everyone's time and unnecessary shipping/gas wasted. Luckily the item finally cancelled on itself.