I went to the Target in Muncie, IN on 9/5/16. I had a few items, one of those being a pregnancy test.

As I'm paying for everything the cashier asked me if I was excited or not? I said, "Excuse me?" As I'm in shock. She then repeated herself and I told her that was a personal question and I couldn't believe she would ask me such a thing. She apologized and I genuinely believe she meant no harm, but you don't ask your customers a question like that!

I went to let the manager know because I thought they needed to know so it doesn't happen to someone else. The manager Lisa was awful! I told her the situation and she made up every excuse as to why the cashier asked me that. At the end I told her she never apologized once during the whole conversation and she got very defensive and said I never gave her a chance and was very argumentative.

The first words out of her mouth should have been an apology and that she would take care of it.

I believe Lisa didn't care about my situation and was just trying to give a reason to make the whole situation okay. I have always loved target, BUT I will never go back again because of how this was handled.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of target cashier. Target needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned target cashier in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Target.

Comments

unfairhiringprastices
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1208399

I hope you are not pregnant actually, you would probably beat the child to death for crying. NO need to get upset about this. This was not something offnensive to ask.

unfairhiringprastices
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1208397

She was just trying to make a friendly conversation. I hope you decide to adopt the baby, because with your temper you would probably beat it to death or just crying.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1208391

I would have responded "depends on the outcome. But just in case, do you know any close adoption/abortion places?" and watch her face.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #1208311

You must be a really sensitive individual.