I have been a Target Guest card member for seven years. My payments have always been made on time and in full. Currently, my balance is over paid by $11. Imagine my surprise when my card, which has no expiration date, was declined at the register. Target took the liberty of upgrading my card to a target visa, without my knowledge or consent.

I was never sent a new card, and I continued to make all my payments in the store using my old card. Never once did I receive notice that my ability to make purchases with that card would expire. When I called Target Card services to request a new car be sent, I was told the new card would arrive in seven to ten days. As a recently laid off mother of a two year old, I panicked and explained that I needed the card or a temporary account number to purchase groceries. I was told that there was nothing card services could do to help me. I asked to speak to a supervisor to whom I explained the situation. The supervisor accused me of lying that I had never received the card, claimed I must have lost my card, told me that Target owed me no apology for my experience, and refused to offer any solution to my complaint. The individual told me that she was the "Highest supervisor they had" and after she raised her voice at me, she then hung up the phone. Easily the worst customer service experience I have ever had. When I called back to file a complaint about the individual with whom I had dealt, I was told that without her ID number no complaint could be filed. I called repeatedly in an effort to speak with someone who could file a complaint and was shuffled from department to department with no outcome what so ever. I am deeply disappointed as I have been a loyal and appreciative customer for such a long time.

Comments

tonymom

a

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #32082

Reallyangrymom is disgusted. I don't know what game this person is playing but "disgusted" and "reallyangrymom" are the same people. Just look at the grammar skills, time between posts ect.

#32074

I just came back to this and i really do hope that Reallyangrymom is really some goof thats sitting at home bored out of their mind and is just making this *** up!!

Iam so angry,this loser says "i dont like hurting my child,HOWEVER..."

unflippin believable in my neck of the woods we would give you a taste of your own medicine,LOSER ***!!

#32044

Reallyangrymom,you are a real piece of work,YES,you do abuse your child,throw, shaking and taping his hands behind his back,ya thaTS abuse!!

By the way i have lurking around this site and this is the first post that i have felt compelled to respond to!!

for some reason you think its ok to treat your little guy like a sack of potatoes,shame on you!!

Oh and by the way,the word discipline comes from the bible,the Disciples,this means to teach,what you are doing is punishment!!

I wish we knew who you are i would call cps on you and get the little guy to safety,its not his falt you are a loser!!*** BAG!!!

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #31103

I do not know what game this person is playing here, but whoever it is is both disgusted and ReallyAngryMom. Like she said in her first post she is doing this for entertainment.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #30554

Notice how after we connected things together neither, "veryangrymom" "disgusted" or "Eric" posted anything. Okay perhaps Eric is not the same as the other two, perhaps he took the post from "ReallyAngryMom" for real and was trying to help the child. As for the mother who wrote the letter I am sorry you have to deal with trolls like "VeryAngryMom" aka disgusted.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #30298

I also think that "disgusted" is the person that posed as the abusive parent. I don't know what games this person is playing but we are not falling for it.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #30119

I get the feeling that "VeryAngryMom", "Disgusted" and "Eric" is all same person. Notice how they all posted at around a simular time frame all within 10-20 minutes from each other.

Whoever is posting these has three personalities.

The nutcase lunitic "VeryAngryMom", The concerned citizen. "Eric" and analyzer "disgusted"

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #30072

Well good luck with your issue and I hope you get things sorted out. I would not worry about "AngryMother" and whoever wrote those comments.

Just ignore the person they are a troll. No need to be concerned about what he/she/it wrote. The police can track IP (that is if it was reported at all)addresses and will know that the letter and the person making the comment are not the same person. Infact they can even find out if the comment was made by "Eric" or "disgusted" or anyone else that posted here.

There have been lots of cases here on pissed consumer when someone impersonated someone because like "still disgusted said" You can post any name here.You can also try posting this complaint on my3cents.com and planetfeedback.com. They are better monitored than pissedconsumer from what I have experienced.

Nuuk, Vestgronland, Greenland #30068

I don't think Eric is the one that made the post. Come on now let's stop jumping to conclusions.

How would you like it if someone claimed that you are the one that made the post by ReallyAngryMom. What you are doing is no better than ReallyAngryMom. I think like all of you Eric is just concerned about this situation. Also it is quite clear that the OP did not write the comments about abusing the child because the names are different.

However to point fingers at Eric is not right. I don't know who wrote this.

Frankly I think it was just a post to get attention. But don't be childish and call Eric an *** without proof that he wrrote this.

Fittja, Stockholm, Sweden #30062

I had the exact same experience with a Citi card.What these people do is put somewhere totally unnoticeable on your statement a little note in legalese about changing underwriters or policy and give you two little boxes to either opt in or out. If you don't check one, they sign you up for whatever new program and claim you requested it.

Fittja, Stockholm, Sweden #30058

Advice is absolutely right. But he or she is too nice to suggest playing the same game.

One could always sign in as Eric or the other names Eric has chosen to adopt, as I suspect Eric and the initial *** claiming to be an abusive mother are one in the same, and make equally ridiculous comments. Or adopt a new screen name and ask Eric if his Dungeon Master knows he has internet hobbies and isn't devoting all his time to develpoping his new D and D character. Or how angry his mother will be when she discovers he still hasn't made any effort to move out of her basement. The thing is, really angry mom, you have overestimated the validity of services like consumer report websites.

Watch Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and you gain further understanding of the element with which we are dealing.

No one with half a brain believes that any parent would post such ridiculous and self-slanderous comments. So indeed, continue to demand decent customer service but perhaps rely on a more effectively managed website to report your experiences.

Fittja, Stockholm, Sweden #30044

Please understand that this sort of commenting is very common on forum websites. As there is no verification process to post a comment, anyone can use you user name and comment as though they are you.

It is unfortunate that there is an internet subculture engaging in this childish commenting "warfare" all over th web for their own amusement. My advice to you is ignore the commenting, unsubscribe to comment e-mail alerts, and file your complaint with the BBB.

If you want to witness a truly reprehesible display of this sort of action, see if your local newspaper's website has a commenting feature. It is absolutely amazing how freely the completely ignorant will comment when faced with zero accountabilty.

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #30042

Hum, now the mother has changed her username and asked that the account be deleted. Interesting.

Delete this account
Fittja, Stockholm, Sweden #30037

The individual who filed the initial complaint believed this was a website to be a forum for adults to exchange stories regarding services and products. As it appears to be an outlet for slander, libel, and immature diatribe, she would like to remove her affiliation.

Fittja, Stockholm, Sweden #30035

The individual who continues to post as really angry mom has been reported, not only to the website but to local the internet securities division of SIC.

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #30032

We don't know if the person making the comments is the actual mother of the child or someone else. For all we know it could be the mother crying for help.

We never know, so something like this could be for real. On another website there was another case where a single parent cried for help. She wrote about how she was beating her child and hurting the child. Everyone thought it was a spoof then later they learned that the mother had beaten the child to death.

Anyways I hope that this is a joke, however it could be a cry for help and I am considering taking this letter along with the coments down to the local LE just incase. At the most if it is a spoof it won't hurt to check it out.

However if it is truely a cry for help than well it is better to look foolish than to have a child get hurt. Sometimes things like being laid off, being a single mother and having an experience like this mother did can lead parents to do things they don't normally do.

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #30031

Actually I don't find what I did child abuse. It is called discipline.

I don't know why you would claim that I did not write that last comment. I did and that is not considered child abuse. Like I said I don't like hurting my child, however I do have a right to discipline my child. Duct taping a child's hands together is not abuse.

Shaking a baby is dangerous, but shaking a two year old isn't. Before you go around accusing me of child abuse think. Child abuse is when you sexually take advantage of a child. What I am doing is disciplining my child.

Why would you think that I did not write that complaint.

I choose the username ReallyAngryMom for a reason. I don't generally discipline my child harshly but I just lost it because of Target.

Fittja, Stockholm, Sweden #30029

I had a similar experience with Target Visa. They claimed they had upgraded my account as per my request.

It seems the person commenting first has a wry sense of humor. That is the only unfortunate drawback to forum websites like this one.

Ignorant degenerates use them as their only outlet for entertainment. It is such a shame that he or she has no friends to keep him or her amused.

Fittja, Stockholm, Sweden #30024

The above comment was written by an individual who believes child abiuse is amusing and not by the mom who initially filed the complaint.