Target Bait and Switch
My family and I had gone to Target and saw that they had this black futon that switched as a bed for the sale price of 99.00. We went home to discuss the idea and decided that we were going to buy three of these models over the next few months to replace the worn down non matching couch and chairs we have now. we have a bunch of targets near us so we went on line to see if we could figure out if the store closest to us had them in and a bunch of stores all had 1 in stock. Now before we continue it is important to point out that all stores had a futon that was an exact match but had silver metal legs rather than black ones.The price for that model was 179.00.
We went to the store to buy the futon for 99.00 and the store did not have it but was more than happy to point out that they had a different one that was 179.00. This is called bait and switch and false advertisement.
The sales associate sent us to one of the other stores whose inventory system also showed that they had one in stock. So we took the trip over to the other Target to attempt to get that futon at this so called great price. when we got there we discovered that this store does not have it on display and we could not find it but they had a number of the 179.00 futons that we can purchase. HMM imagine that. This time we had talked with the manager who at least went into the back to pretend to look for it but came back empty handed. he said that the system shows they had one but he suspects, now get this, That the store must have sold one to a customer by mistake for the 179.00 price. so at the very least target manager just admitted that they over charged a customer by almost 80.00.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Black Microfiber Futon
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "On 9/2/12 11:38am, I bought a queen Aerobed at Target, Ca for $216.00. When I opened it later that day for my guests to use, we found it covered with..."
- "Ordered a very expensive fire pit. Expedited shipping still took ten days. Fire pit cracked upon arrival. Call and they want me to bring to UPS told them way to..."
- "We went to a Target store to buy a Bissell SpotClean - Model 52071. It retails at Target for $99.99, but Amazon sells it for $79.99. Because we wanted..."
- "The reason that I have been waiting for 20 mins for my order is because the staff is more interested in socializing with other staff instead of providing great customer..."
- "I've been having trouble with Suddenlink's internet service for the past 4+ months. I've called over 2 dozen times during that time period. I've been having different issues. Sometimes it's..."
- "I was compelled to write this review after reading some of the truly bizarre negative comments about Buffalo Creek Farms in Lawrence, Kansas. When we began looking for a Persian kitten,..."
- "Harcus Sinclair is a law firm claiming to be experienced in reputation management, but what they do not say on their website is that some of those methods involve trying..."
- "I had a very bad expiernce . The car I bought had many issues. It was making a knocking noise. I Was not sure if it was the motor..."
- "I have a foot and hand fungus I got at a nail shop Sept 3,2016 I went to the E.R on Sept 10, I need a referral from my P.C..."