Target Bait and Switch
My family and I had gone to Target and saw that they had this black futon that switched as a bed for the sale price of 99.00. We went home to discuss the idea and decided that we were going to buy three of these models over the next few months to replace the worn down non matching couch and chairs we have now. we have a bunch of targets near us so we went on line to see if we could figure out if the store closest to us had them in and a bunch of stores all had 1 in stock. Now before we continue it is important to point out that all stores had a futon that was an exact match but had silver metal legs rather than black ones.The price for that model was 179.00.
We went to the store to buy the futon for 99.00 and the store did not have it but was more than happy to point out that they had a different one that was 179.00. This is called bait and switch and false advertisement.
The sales associate sent us to one of the other stores whose inventory system also showed that they had one in stock. So we took the trip over to the other Target to attempt to get that futon at this so called great price. when we got there we discovered that this store does not have it on display and we could not find it but they had a number of the 179.00 futons that we can purchase. HMM imagine that. This time we had talked with the manager who at least went into the back to pretend to look for it but came back empty handed. he said that the system shows they had one but he suspects, now get this, That the store must have sold one to a customer by mistake for the 179.00 price. so at the very least target manager just admitted that they over charged a customer by almost 80.00.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Black Microfiber Futon
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I paid my bill on due date , I thought I paid on time. I never checked my card because I never used it. Two months later I received..."
- "We went to a Target store to buy a Bissell SpotClean - Model 52071. It retails at Target for $99.99, but Amazon sells it for $79.99. Because we wanted..."
- "I'm 68 years old and waited in line for three hours at one store for a bottle and a Beanie. I then to two other stores to buy two more..."
- "Ordered and paid, nothing shipped, no tracking, but took my money SCAM!!!!!!..."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."
- "they are doing that same bull *** to me too, tell me that things are half price or 20 30 50 percent off then charge full price,I bought..."
- "Bluehost debited my account for $44.95 renewal fee, and then they wanted a $75.00 fee to keep my domain name. When I asked them to cancel it they did but..."
- "I was a Dish Network customer for several years. I subscribed to pretty all their channels. I guess as of 2009, they changed one of their satellites for international channels...."