My husband works at Target.Last year we had twin girls who were born four months early.

They had been on Medicaid up until last month. I went to fill a prescription for each of my twins on Target's insurance, which is United Health. I was told by the pharmacy it could fill one but not the other.

I called the insurance company and was told that Target did not put the baby in the system and it could take up to several weeks.It is a $4000 medicine that I need NOW, which is only covered by insurance and by Target.

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

Quote=”Cristalal”

“I went to fill a prescription for each of my twins on Target's insurance, which is United Health. I was told by the pharmacy it could fill one but not the other. I called the insurance company and was told that Target did not put the baby in the system and it could take up to several weeks.”

So while this may have been an error by Target, the problem has to fixed by the insurance company. You can ask Target’s ETL-HR (at your husband’s store) for help, but you will probably get better assistance directly from the insurance provider. You should also request that your daughter’s physician (or pediatrician) act on your behalf by requesting an adjustment directly form the insurance company.

You have described an error in the paperwork, unfortunately this may happen often, but the good news is that procedures should be in place to fix them. Your best tool at this point is the telephone (and email). You need to find a person inside the insurance company that can act as your advocate. Use this person to get what you need from the insurance company.

Quote=”Cristalal”

“It is a $4000 medicine that I need NOW, which is only covered by insurance and by Target”.

If your need is urgent then your doctor (or pediatrician) can write a script to get it from a pharmacy, or give you some medicine from his or her office (samples and his or her office supply). Good luck!