I hope this email gets to the right group with TARGET because I have always had great experience with TARGET in-store before but this is the first time I have to deal with online Target and it's completely changing my view of TARGET all together. I'm sorry to say but the 1800# people were worse than Wal-mart workers and I have stopped shopping at Wal-Mart because of their lack of customer service.

I have ordered an Alexis glider rocker via online and got it yesterday. My husband and I put it together and when we were almost done, we noticed a HUGE chip on the right handle. I called 1800-591-3869 opt 0 today around 5pm (after work) and unfortunately got a person that could barely speak English and didn't give me his name after I couldn't understand him for repeating it twice. After about 15 min, he told me that the only way for me to get a replacement part of the right handle is for ME to contact the manufacturer and rudely told me "to hold" and then hung up on me!

I had to call the second time and got "Eric" on the phone- also has a VERY strong Indian accent and that I could barely understand!!! I asked for the manager but he NEVER provided me with one and kept me on the phone for 45 min just to tell me the SAME story which is I had to call the manufacturer!! Then, he put me on hold for another 10 min JUST to look for the phone#. At the end of the conversation, I asked him, "I guess your "manager" will never speak with me huh?" He sounded surprised that I still wanted to speak with the manager so he proceeded in putting me on hold AGAIN for another 10 min!!!

I spent over an hour all together and got no assistance from ANYONE from Target. Before "Eric" decided to put me on hold AGAIN, he gave me a reference # because he wouldn't give me his last name (3-845994802). I believe he TRIED to explain to me what that reference # was and he was just too difficult to understand.

I am 38 weeks pregnant and just got off from work and hoping to resolve the glider issue quick so I can attend to my family but instead, TARGET that claims to expect more and pay less wasted over an hour of my time and helped me with NOTHING. How disappointing!

Comments

Target online customer service and the 800 number service is horrible

Markham, Ontario, Canada #920415

You have many run on sentences. You have no right to bad mouth people's English when your English is that of someone in the first grade.

#920174

If there was a "HUGE" chip in the arm why did you even put it together? If it were a "HUGE" chip like you say it would have been very obvious.

I am assuming you are exaggerating the size of the chip and are blowing the entire complaint out of proportion. Any time I have purchased ready to assemble furniture the manufacturer has provided a toll-free number to call for replacement parts. On the rare occasion I needed a part they were very quick to send it. Target doesn't have a warehouse full of parts.

What do you expect them to do?

Sure, you could take the chair apart and ship it back and have a new one shipped to you but if you want a quick solution just call the manufacturer and have them send you the part. You seem to be wasting a lot of time complaining when there is such a simple solution to your problem.

Shocking. There are actually people reviewing this site telling you how ignorant you are for - (get ready for it...) ordering something from a store that sells products on-line!!!!!!

:p

Thanks, Joan, for straightening us all out about our stupity for believing that people can actually do something with Target on-line that they are in business to do!!! :? :?

I don't understand why people order things like furniture. There are furniture stores that sell things like glider rockers, where you can actually see them.

to Joan Los Angeles, California, United States #920164

But Joan, the exact same thing could happen even with buying in-store (unless you're buying the display model). Thanks for your input though; you're so helpful!