I just had the misfortune of shopping at my local Super Target(2216) in El Paso, Texas. After applying for credit & spending a total of 2 hours in this disorganized mess of a store, I walked out empty handed.

I qualified for credit, then tried to purchase an I Pod Touch & some accessories as a Christmas gift. It turns out that purchases on new accounts can't be made for 7 - 10 days, of course no one mentions this during the application. I was issued a temporary card that was completely useless. After an awkward and embarassing half hour at the electronics counter, I was walked to an empty register, given an 800 number and abandoned there by the store teammate.

I found that my card was useless and cancelled it over the phone. The associate never even came back! Target wasted my time, ran my credit, and left me standing at a register alone like an ***. Needless to say, I will be trying to make this purchase at Best Buy tomorrow.The manager on duty gladly offered me 10 percent discount without even hearing what I went through.

Apparently they cheapen their store's worth without realizing some people don't want a discount, they just want reasonable service and information. I will never shop here again, even at a discount, and I will also be posting my experience on as many consumer horror story websites as I can to help other people avoid this frustrating experience and this poorly run store. My advice: teach simple customer service, inform your customer and don't give the farm away at the first sign of trouble.

This problem could have been solved by not abandoning me at a register, holding my product until the next day, giving me a chance to use another form of payment, or help me figure out how to use Target credit. Pretty simple, if you ask me.

Comments

Quote=”Rrosales”

“After applying for credit & spending a total of 2 hours in this disorganized mess of a store, I walked out empty handed. I qualified for credit”

Did you receive a temporary (paper) credit card in your name?

Did you receive a 10% new account rewards certificate (also paper) at the same time? How long did it take from the TM’s pitch until you received these items?