for the past 3 years i have had to purchase a new fog machine from target. i use the proper fog mix and keep it clean, at the end of the season, i clean it for storage as the DIRECTIONS INDICATE.

The following year i take it out and POOF... NADA, darn thing doesnt work again. Well the previous 2 years i have just thrown them away and wasted $40.00. this year, i have chosen to contact target and have them replace the faulty merchandise that bares their name on the packaging.

Target is quite complasant about this. their return policy is 90 days... blah blah blah. they make no adjustment for the fact that this is a seasonal item that only gets used 1 a year for a short time.

Target needs to re-examine their return policy and level of customer service. At this point in time, as a former loyal customer, do not expect a refund, but it do expect the item repaired or replaced.

Comments

Quote =”zzzz”

“To the person that goes by may i help you with something”

That would be me.

Quote =”zzzz”

“this is a place for people to share stories about what has happened to them.”

Correct! I call them as I see them. There are two sides to every story, not just self-centered Target guests that complain here, yet don’t read instructions, exercise their role as a guest in one of Target’s stores, or seemly clueless. For whatever reason there are many posters here that have an unreasonable sense of entitlement.

Quote =”zzzz”

“My question for you is WHO in the HE!! made you the target police??”

My answer to you is no one. Are you policing me now?

Quote =”zzzz”

“quit policing this site for the sake of everyone please?”

Quote =”zzzz”

“get a life and maybe use this time that your on here to give better customer service at TARGET!!”

Very good suggestions, I take it under advisement. In the meantime if you have a specific comment regarding my posting please post in the appropriate place. I look forward to the dialog!

You’re Welcome!

To the person that goes by may i help you with something, this is a place for people to share stories about what has happened to them. My question for you is WHO in the HE!!

made you the target police??

quit policing this site for the sake of everyone please? get a life and maybe use this time that your on here to give better customer service at TARGET!!

Quote=”Silver Fox”

“I purchased a Christmas Tree in 2007. Lights never worked right since I purchased it.”

If it didn’t work to your satisfaction from the beginning why didn’t you return it to Target for exchange or refund?

Quote=”Silver Fox”

“Last year I had half a tree.”

Did you mean to say only one half lights up?

Quote=”Silver Fox”

“I can't get any help from anyone at TARGET.”

What help are you expecting?

Quote=”Silver Fox”

“No one knows who the distributer (sic) to TARGET is and I'm out 249.00+ bucks.”

The factory that made the product is probably out of business due to the poor economic climate in the USA. Over 60,000 Chinese factories around Shenzhen closed this year, many migrant Chinese workers were left without back wages, and forced to return to rural China and resume agricultural jobs to feed their families. The USA is recovering from a historic unemployment cycle – more than 50% of middle management and white collar jobs have been lost since 2007, topping records previously set in the great depression.

Quote=”Silver Fox”

“ I won't ever buy another thing from TARGET again.”

Pity/ You’ve eliminated a good company with low prices and exciting merchandise just to stand on your own principles. How silly is that?

Quote=”Silver Fox”

“Maybe I should call CHINA where it originated.”

Or perhaps you should visit another country or region of the world to broaden your naïve views. Why are so many foreigners trying to emigrate here if its half as bad as you claim?

These days customer service is about all a department store can offer.They all sell the same stuff just different distributers.I purchased a Christmas Tree in 2007. Lights never worked right since I purchased it.Last year I had half a tree.I can't get any help from anyone at TARGET.

No one knows who the distributer to TARGET is and I'm out 249.00+ bucks. I won't ever buy another thing from TARGET again.Maybe I should call CHINA where it originated ...SF

Quote = “Samgus1”

“this year, i have chosen to contact target and have them replace the faulty merchandise that bares their name on the packaging. Target is quite complasant(sic) about this. their return policy is 90 days... blah blah blah. they make no adjustment for the fact that this is a seasonal item that only gets used 1 a year for a short time.”

The very generous ninety day return policy is frequently mentioned in complaints on this board. Guests that buy from Target fail to understand that the policy is just that – a policy. Target is providing more time than its competition by allowing ninety days for exchange, return, or refund. Why is this so hard to understand?

Quote = “Samgus1”

“Target needs to re-examine their return policy and level of customer service.”

No doubt the policy is under frequent review. The cost of operating it is quite high as it is abused by guests that return damaged merchandise, repackaged goods, or swapped items (such as cameras, iPods, and Xbox consoles) with non-matching serial numbers. All of this has to be weighed against the loss of business if the return policy was reduced to, say, thirty days.

Quote = “Samgus1”

“At this point in time, as a former loyal customer, do not expect a refund, but it do expect the item repaired or replaced.”

Proof reading your next post might help us understand your point. You can expect all that you want, and if you think Target has made a mistake take it up with a manager in the store at the time of the incident. On the other hand, if you’re ready to dump Target and shop elsewhere please report back on what you discover. If there is a superior retailer I’m sure other Target haters will want to know about them.