Target - Sent wrong item- wouldn't rectify or refund

I recently ordered a furniture item from Target.Instead they sent me a large baby item.

I called Target customer support and they said I would need to take this large item to the store and return it in order to receive my item or get a refund for my item. I can't believe the audacity of this policy. Target send me the wrong item (and a HUGE one), then expects me to attempt to lift this massive item, find a massive car to put it in and drive it to the store on account of THEIR mistake? This policy is not a one-size-fits-all policy and it's insane that they do not make exceptions.

Us urban dwellers do not drive. We do not have large homes to store these items in while Target arranges for a pick-up. And we certainly don't have stoops to leave items on for mail service companies if Target was willing to arrange a pick-up (which they were after MUCH MUCH MUCH consternation). The alternatives if you live in a City and don't have a car or a stoop for mail are essentially, figure out a way to take this item to the store (wait in the return line, etc.) or leave work and find a time to be home for a pick-up.

Neither of these options are acceptable when the customer did not have anything to do with Target's mistake. Target should have said, keep the item, give it to charity, throw it out- whatever. You as the customer just should not have to deal with this any further. We will send you your correct item right away or refund you if you no longer want it.

AKA Amazon's policy.

The fact that Target wants customers to take time out of their days to correct their mistakes is absurd.You sent the wrong item- it's a debit for you because you should pay for your own mistakes, don't take it out on the customer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Return Policy
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #556261

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Target? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 4 No 4
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 04, 2015 #1029839

hahahahahahaha love how people like to complain about everything!!!!! i bought the exact same baby item for my son a year ago... and first of all its not massive and second of all its not heavy... i was able to stick it in the back seat of my focus... stop complaining and take the dam item to target... you spend more time complaining than what it would take for you to drive to target.

0 0 Reply

Nov 12, 2014 #899455 Orlando, Florida

Wow, I'd hate to be any company you order from. Your demands are completely unreasonable. Yes, Target messed up. But to expect them to just say "Hey keep or throw out that incorrect item" and then send you the correct item is absolutely ridiculous and asinine.

2 2 Reply

Feb 27, 2015 #951799

Then what is the solution? For her to rent a truck to drive the baby item to the Target store? I'd hate to be your customer. I hope OP paid with a credit card and did a chargeback, since she was never sent the merchandise that she ordered and paid for.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.