I recently ordered a furniture item from Target.Instead they sent me a large baby item.
I called Target customer support and they said I would need to take this large item to the store and return it in order to receive my item or get a refund for my item. I can't believe the audacity of this policy. Target send me the wrong item (and a HUGE one), then expects me to attempt to lift this massive item, find a massive car to put it in and drive it to the store on account of THEIR mistake? This policy is not a one-size-fits-all policy and it's insane that they do not make exceptions.
Us urban dwellers do not drive. We do not have large homes to store these items in while Target arranges for a pick-up. And we certainly don't have stoops to leave items on for mail service companies if Target was willing to arrange a pick-up (which they were after MUCH MUCH MUCH consternation). The alternatives if you live in a City and don't have a car or a stoop for mail are essentially, figure out a way to take this item to the store (wait in the return line, etc.) or leave work and find a time to be home for a pick-up.
Neither of these options are acceptable when the customer did not have anything to do with Target's mistake. Target should have said, keep the item, give it to charity, throw it out- whatever. You as the customer just should not have to deal with this any further. We will send you your correct item right away or refund you if you no longer want it.
AKA Amazon's policy.
The fact that Target wants customers to take time out of their days to correct their mistakes is absurd.You sent the wrong item- it's a debit for you because you should pay for your own mistakes, don't take it out on the customer.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Return Policy
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " On Black Friday we arrived at target at 5 p.m. to wait in line for one of the doorbuster tvs they had on special. While in the store..."
- "I just recieved the firepit table I'd ordered last week from Target.com. The box was clearly damaged in shipping and, after opening, we found the product (particularly the marble table..."
- "Target will lure you in offering gift cards with the purchase of specific qualifying items. You buy those qualifying items thinking you will receive a gift card only to discover..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."
- "I purchased leather furnature from Living Spaces with extended warranty. They had no record of extended warranty which I have the paperwork. They claim that since I moved from original..."
- " Disgusted with this company. I'd just set up my own Ltd company, and being completely naive and trusting, I was told by a rather smug *** scammer known as..."
- "I purchased a North Trail 21FBS in May of 2015 from Camping World of Kissimmee, FL. Right off the batthe 120v. heater didnt work on AC, Shower head was clogged..."
- "These outfitters should be shut down due to unsafe practices and placing the public at risk. There place of business is in shambles, failing practically every code, they don't require..."