I recently ordered a furniture item from Target.Instead they sent me a large baby item.
I called Target customer support and they said I would need to take this large item to the store and return it in order to receive my item or get a refund for my item. I can't believe the audacity of this policy. Target send me the wrong item (and a HUGE one), then expects me to attempt to lift this massive item, find a massive car to put it in and drive it to the store on account of THEIR mistake? This policy is not a one-size-fits-all policy and it's insane that they do not make exceptions.
Us urban dwellers do not drive. We do not have large homes to store these items in while Target arranges for a pick-up. And we certainly don't have stoops to leave items on for mail service companies if Target was willing to arrange a pick-up (which they were after MUCH MUCH MUCH consternation). The alternatives if you live in a City and don't have a car or a stoop for mail are essentially, figure out a way to take this item to the store (wait in the return line, etc.) or leave work and find a time to be home for a pick-up.
Neither of these options are acceptable when the customer did not have anything to do with Target's mistake. Target should have said, keep the item, give it to charity, throw it out- whatever. You as the customer just should not have to deal with this any further. We will send you your correct item right away or refund you if you no longer want it.
AKA Amazon's policy.
The fact that Target wants customers to take time out of their days to correct their mistakes is absurd.You sent the wrong item- it's a debit for you because you should pay for your own mistakes, don't take it out on the customer.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Return Policy
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Went to target on the I-410 loop closest to Lackland AFB, TX for Star Wars release today. First one was at 1030pm sept 3rd. Went in and asked customer service,..."
- "We bought a $70 stoller from the website. We never used it and decided to return it to the store. They wouldn't let us return the brand new..."
- "I ordered the Tobi Kids Train Bed - Red from Target on December 4th, 2016. This was to be a Christmas surprised for my child. Apparently my package got lost..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "After being pleased with six months of Urthbox subscribership, I noticed that the subscription had unexpected renewed itself. I was not too concerned, and asked customer service to please cancel..."
- "Could somebody help me retrieve the first fourteen digits on my credit card please? I have not seen my card for a month and I need help to remember my..."
- "I purchased Martha Stewart Living kitchen cabinets with Home Depot in Atascadero, CA in May 2014. The upper cabinets were white high gloss laminate called "Picket Fence". The original..."
- "SHOCKING DISHONESTY AND FALSE CLAIMS. I was never able to speak to a person. They were supposed to e-mail me when my phone was received and to give me a..."
- "My wife and I recently paid $5,000 in cash to Marlena Martin and she promised my wife a title. However someone else was crowned. My wife and I tried to..."