I recently ordered a furniture item from Target.Instead they sent me a large baby item.
I called Target customer support and they said I would need to take this large item to the store and return it in order to receive my item or get a refund for my item. I can't believe the audacity of this policy. Target send me the wrong item (and a HUGE one), then expects me to attempt to lift this massive item, find a massive car to put it in and drive it to the store on account of THEIR mistake? This policy is not a one-size-fits-all policy and it's insane that they do not make exceptions.
Us urban dwellers do not drive. We do not have large homes to store these items in while Target arranges for a pick-up. And we certainly don't have stoops to leave items on for mail service companies if Target was willing to arrange a pick-up (which they were after MUCH MUCH MUCH consternation). The alternatives if you live in a City and don't have a car or a stoop for mail are essentially, figure out a way to take this item to the store (wait in the return line, etc.) or leave work and find a time to be home for a pick-up.
Neither of these options are acceptable when the customer did not have anything to do with Target's mistake. Target should have said, keep the item, give it to charity, throw it out- whatever. You as the customer just should not have to deal with this any further. We will send you your correct item right away or refund you if you no longer want it.
AKA Amazon's policy.
The fact that Target wants customers to take time out of their days to correct their mistakes is absurd.You sent the wrong item- it's a debit for you because you should pay for your own mistakes, don't take it out on the customer.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Return Policy
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Listening to rude employees talking about someone using coupons they were complaining about this one gal and they knew I could hear them. The problem was that gal they..."
- "Went to Target in Front Royal Virginia.. They had their whitening strips listed for 3.79 but they were ringing up 11.99 and they would not honor the listed price. The..."
- "I am mobility impaired and often use the Target riding cart for my shopping. At checkout, the cashier loaded my items on the belt and after purchase, repacked the bags..."
- "So, I send my 2 balikbayan boxes on August 20th expecting to be in the Philippines around the first week of October. Instead LBC decided to keep my box sitting..."
- "Ordered three jackets from rosegal.com and two were delivered, still waiting on the third. The quality is mind-blowingly horrible, and the fabric is atrocious. The jackets even SMELL carcinogenic. The..."
- " They paid $10,000 are more of expenses for my automobile which if I did not have a warranty I would had paid all out of pockets, they was their..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."