I work for the Target store in Galesburg, Illinois. The morale in our store is terrible. Due to recent events, a great number of team members are fearful of their jobs due to recent firings, however some of which were called for for performance issues. However, for a company which is "team-oriented" and wants to be fast, fun and friendly, the management is nothing but. They have done nothing to help team members feel good about their jobs or working for Target. We recently lost one of our GSTL's and team members have heard the STL talking to our HR about getting some "people" (friends) of his hired on with Target. They have not posted the Team Lead position internally for current Team Members to apply, but the job is posted online for anyone in the world to apply.

Several Team Leads have asked if the position was going to be posted internally. The HR and STL have both said that they always post positions internally before they seek outside applicants, yet, the position has ONLY been posted online and NOT in the store. The current STL or HR has not made any effort to post the position in the store. The current hiring needs for the store were last updated in mid-May. It appears the STL, with his influence on the HR, want to hire friends who don't even work for Target, as opposed to possible applicants within the store.

The STL seems to favor nepotism above team development for his own gain. You can ask anyone in the Galesburg, Illinois store and they would tell you the same. Its unfortunate because I used to love working for Target, but for a while now, its all underhanded tactics and politics which will get you "developed" or advanced with Target.

Comments

Quote= “May I Help You Find Something”

“Shut up you ***, and people I am not name calling just calling state of being. You are too scared to user your real name loser.”

I like appologize for everyone reading this letter.

I was so buzzd on a joint that some TM in flow gave me during my 45 break that I accidently made a post on here… Hope I don’t get written up again. I already have a suspension warning for calling the GSTL a stooped child last week.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #169673

quote=" if it's brown, it's too far go"

I get the impression that "can I help you with something"'s burial suit will be a red shirt and tan slacks. :grin

Hmm. Looks like my alto ego was so excited to post another forgery they did it twice!!

Nice Try...

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #168879

Quote="anonymous"

I am embarassed to work at Target knowing there are people like you who work there. Thank goodness you don't work at my store. You sound like you are on your period.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #168878

Quote="anonymous"

Quote=”Anonymous”

“I work for the Target store in Galesburg, Illinois. The morale in our store is terrible. Due to recent events, a great number of team members are fearful of their jobs due to recent firings, however some of which were called for for (sic) performance issues.”

Is working as a Target TM your first job? Have you been there very long?

What you have encountered is typical “office politics” and you can accept it or move on. If you have a position of influence you can manage it to your own benefit, but I doubt you do have the required horsepower, because you are posting your problems here. You have shared enough info in your OP to jeopardize your employment, and for your “disloyalty” to get back to your store’s ETLs. You’re a TM at T891, right?

Look at it from your ETL-SL’s point of view. If she isn’t making the numbers dictated by the ETL-DL what will happen? It is incumbent on your ETL-SL to do whatever makes sense, and if TM moral is already low, then promoting any of these loser TMs to a more responsible position is a mistake. You need to convince your ETL that you, and only you, can save their job by the work standards that you demonstrate daily, and the positive influence you have on your peer TMs. Are you the TM with the most GTA cards each month? Do all that and you can help steer your career within Target.