I've received a letter from Target saying that I applied for a new Target credit card, which I hadn't, but some information didn't match on my application. Also there was a bold sentence like "If you did not apply for this card, please call us right away at 888-***-****.

Weird thing about this letter was one spelling was wrong on my name and fist name and last name was switched, address was fine. So I thought this could be engaged with Target cyber breach. When I called to informed number, the person on the phone said to cancel this application, I needed to fax my driver's license to them to prove that I am the right person with that address. I doubted this whole situation and dialogue, so I just hung up first.

And I googled Target customer service phone number, called , waiting, explaining, connecting to other, waiting..and could talk with someone. She checked the application account with reference number, and said this application was someone else's like some one who lived in my house before, not mine. So I said this house was newly constructed house so no one could lived with this address before. She asked my last 4 digit of social security number, phone number, etc.

and said those are all different on the application account. So I asked her to cancel and erase my personal information but she kept saying this is not my application. Her attitude was very dry and getting rude. I told her that I have waisted my time to solve this problem after receiving complicated letter from Target, but Target didn't apologize.

Then she said they apologize with no heart at all and said "We apologized so what do you want?".So I asked again to erase all my personal information. She said she did it but how I can know that she really have done it cuz she just said that it wasn't me.

I tried to write this with my poor English (as it is not my first language) cuz their attitude to customers whose information was hacked and used by unknown in odd way or whose information was just mixed up with system error, is very very rude. I want to know how they are dealing with cyber breach since it happened.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Target. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Target to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Target and target customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments