Purchased product in one store, decided didn't want it, attempted to return at another location.Return refused because it was same day.

Argument with 4 levels of staff concluded could not return for credit as it was bought on credit. However they would take return but give target store credit. Can't convert store credit back to cash or card credit. Good faith attempts to return, and being refused, could result in me keeping products but not having to pay for them under the statutes.

Target return policies do not address same day returns nor different store returns. Target said I could drive additional 20 miles to originating store and return or make another 40 mile round trip to this closer location next day to get card credit.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy / $75
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

Denver, Colorado, United States #1304469

It can take about 12 hrs for the DAILY sales information to hit the corporate server.WHich is WHY your return was denied, it wasnt in the system yet.

THAT happens at the end of their day after they are closed.

All YOU had to do was WAIT ONE DAY!!!!!But YOU are so important that YOU cant do even THAT small task.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #1285532

Why would you drive 20 miles to another store to make the return in the first place?Why didn't you just take it back to the store you bought it at?

Better yet, why didn't you take the time to think over the purchase before you made it?

Sounds like you just took your receipt to another store, grabbed the same item off the shelf and tried to return it.Common thing for a thief to do.

Welland, Ontario, Canada #1283483

Why does someone old enough to have a credit card and drive have to act like a five year old child?, Because you don't want to follow policy you will return everything you bought in the last 60 days. Only a five year old would think this way. Not someone old enough to drive and have a credit card.

Houston, Texas, United States #1283338

OP:

No matter if you return the merchandise you bought to a different location or you return the merchandise that you bought within the last 60 days to the location you bought it at, you will spend money on gas as well as time that you cannot

get back.

Do you really want to do that?

Are there better things to do with your own time other than write negative reviews about Target on social media?

Exactly what do you hope to accomplish by doing this?

to Anonymous Houston, Texas, United States #1283340

Meant same location instead of different location.

So...you don't have time to drive to the store where you bought the merchandise, but you do have time to try to return everything you bought in the last 60 days (good luck with that) and launch a Target-trashing career? Hahahahahahahahahaha

Mountain View, California, United States #1283081

So exactly how much time are you going to spend at customer service returning all of the Target merchandise that you bought within the last 60 days?

And what reason will you give for the returns?

There has to be much more to this story which you have not stated.

Why go to the extremes which you mentioned in your complaint?

Exactly what do you want to accomplish by doing this?

Houston, Texas, United States #1283079

Target has lost this customer permanently and I will work to return other items purchased in last 60 days also.I will also post negative reviews frequently....

Are you a child or are you an adult because a reasonable adult would not do this, but a child would.