Will not buy from target again. Every time I go to get something that was advertised, they never have it, and they don't give rain checks.

Tuesday was the last straw. I wanted the Oster 3-section buffet warmer for $27.00, sale started Sunday and by Tuesday they didn't have any left. I asked for a rain check and the service desk stated that they don't give rain checks for sale items.

This is at least the 4th or 5th time since they opened last year that I can never get something I wanted that was on sale. Also, I think their clothing and shoes are atrocious.

Comments

Brian, I know that you were advised to stay off of this site by your attorneys, but I hope you look it over from time to time.

Congratulations for pursuing this matter through legal channels. I hope by now you have won your case and not only gotten monetary satisfaction, but personal satisfaction as well.

Maybe now Target will start listening to the customers that they routinely mistreat. A monetary kick might be the medicine to make them take notice.

Please post your sucess at the end of your legal action. Best wishes.

You are the one who brought up the bait and switch again, it was not in my last post. As is said in my previous post i found the item at a local store.

You keep going back to old post as I am just replying to your last post. This will be my last post as I was advised due to legal action filed not to say anymore. The attourney is taking post from this site to contact people for the suit.

I am sorry target decided not to settle the matter. You all have a great holiday, I know i will!!

Quote=”brian”

“You also asked which company, this is the target pissed off forum. I have been complaining about target. TARGET!!”

It would help if you used a few more pronouns in your posts…

For example:

“Written by brian, on 11-12-2009 21:17

I advised them i (sic) did not want the cheaper 335xl but the 340xl and i (sic) found one at a store an hour from my house and i (sic) was willing to drive to get it.”

So was this also Target? Or, was it target.com? Does ‘store’ refer to another Target or another retailer other than Target? They are two separate entities with different business models and operations policies. If you came here to complain be specific about who you are disparaging!

Quote=”brian”

“Pay attention to my statement, It is not fair to offer some customers and alternative item while canceling others orders.”

Assuming that there is only one “brian” contributing to this thread, you may recall this post:

Written by brian, on 14-12-2009 20:31

“What this was a (sic) simple case of bait and switch in violation of state laws.”

So now you’re back pedaling from Bait and Switch? So what explicit laws have been violated in your specific case?

Quote=”brian”

Really!?! And just who made you the Czar of consumer affairs?

Pay attention to my statement, It is not fair to offer some customers and alternative item while canceling others orders. Yes you are correct it is 340xls.

As for the price they are now the same as the all are on sale, but check the original price there was a $10 difference (249.95 compared to 239.95) from the manufactures site as you quoted. You also asked which company, this is the target pissed off forum.

I have been complaining about target. TARGET!!

Quote=”brian”

“Once again they were not offering a same of (sic) higher priced item for exchange. They were offering a CHEAPER priced item in exchange.”

Not true. Visit the manufacturer’s web site for yourself and compare the two models you have cited: TomTom XL335 MSRP $239.99 Current on-line price $149.95 and TomTom XL340S MSRP $249.99 Current on-line price $149.95. Ergo, they are the same price! (BTW, There is no longer an XL340 model offered, take care when quoting TomTom model numbers on this forum).

Quote=”brian”

“This company does not care about their customers and hope they can advertise items real cheap online and store and then not have the item.”

Which company?

Quote=”brian”

“Once your (sic) in the store maybe you will buy something else and they got what they wanted.”

Finally, you have grasped the concept of retail sales!!

Quote=”brian”

“How is target (sic) being fair by doing this (sic).”

How is this unfair? If you want to open your own store you will quickly see that the real world operates differently from your imagined and narrow view. You were not the victim of any manipulation or unsavory trick, you may not have got what you expected on Black Friday of this year. Life isn’t “fair” is it?

Once again they were not offering a same of higher priced item for exchange. They were offering a CHEAPER priced item in exchange.

The 335Xl is lower priced cheaper model of the 34XL. This company does not care about their customers and hope they can advertise items real cheap online and store and then not have the item. Once your in the store maybe you will buy something else and they got what they wanted. I have ordered hundreds of items online for several different sites and have never had a problem.

Their site at time of order thursday morning showed in stock. The operations manager told me that yes they do take more orders than they have in stock in case some cancel or credit card is declined. But from how many people I am seeing having a problem with this they took WAY to many orders.

Also they offered some people the 335XL (like me) and some just received and email saying their order was canceled due to out of inventory and no item offered. How is target being fair by doing this.

Quote=” brian”

“As for being black friday (sic) sale door buster, in their words target.com and target are separate”

That is correct!

Quote=” brian”

“I ordered my (sic) online at the quoted price, so this is not a door buster”

Just because target.com doesn’t have “doors” does change the fact that the item was offered at a very low price on a specific day (Black Friday) and subject to availability.

It was most certainly a loss-leader to draw visitors to the site, hopefully to get them to order other items at higher margins, just as they did/do in a “bricks and mortar” storefront or “big box store” (such as Target).

Quote=” brian”

“The case is not weak considering this is not the only product in the case (britax (sic) car seats is just one other example).”

But, once again, it is not “bait and switch” as defined earlier. If anything target.com was doing you a favor by offering you a higher price substitute item for the lower price. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

I am not an attourney so i cannot give you the demands of the class action suit. I give the info that they asked of me.

As for being black friday sale door buster, in their words target.com and target are separate and I ordered my online at the quoted price, so this is not a door buster. The case is not weak considering this is not the only product in the case (britax car seats is just one other example).

Quote=”bigfan”

“I worked for Target for several years starting in the late 80's and this kind of thing happened all the time, we used to dread working on Sunday when the ad came out because we knew many of the items in the flyer we not even in stock or were in very short supply”

Not much has changed (at Target, and I suspect at other retailers). I enjoy working the opening shift on Sundays. Often I have to finish the TPC ad set up (if the price change team hasn’t done it already).

What makes me crackup is the district office memos that state such and such an item should be pulled form the SF and held in the backroom *before* Sunday as “due to over selling” the item may not be available for the next week’s ad.

I thought the whole point of retail was to sell a bunch of stuff as quickly as possible to whoever has the money to buy it. Duh…

I worked for Target for several years starting in the late 80's and this kind of thing happened all the time, we used to dread working on Sunday when the ad came out because we knew many of the items in the flyer we not even in stock or were in very short supply, one time when it was hot and we had fans in the ad (and none in the store)we were afraid for our lives, the customers were so mad they were threatening us! Of course we had no power over how many sale items were in our particular store, but *** always rolls down hill!The explanation that we were given by the managemen was that our store was not a "high volume" store so were not sent many sale items from distibution,no "sorry we will try to do better next time" just "thats the way it is, deal with it!"However, Target is far from the only store who does this, it is common in any mass retailer, as for the trying to get a sale item on Tuesday, ha!,you probably can't even get it on Sunday, let alone two days later!

Quote=”brian”

“I would then have to try and find the 340xl on sale for that price somewhere on a non black Friday (sic) sale.”

The lowest current price (for a new one) is $134.00. The whole point of Target’s “door buster” was to get folks in the store on a specific day hoping they would spend more money on more profitable items. Their price was at or below their cost.

Quote=”brian”

“Right now they are gathering all info and written statements to give to target to try and solve before going through the courts.”

What are the demands of this class-action petition? No doubt both sides would want to avoid a court trial, more so if the case is weak.

Quote=”brian”

“As for your comments they do nothing to solve the problem.”

What problem? If you think you’ve been manipulated or tricked by the evil retailer then you should probably not go outdoors alone. My comments represent the voice of common sense – so far no one has offered a counter argument to mine. Scroll down and read my definition of “Bait and Switch” again. Sorry to say, you have no case.

I am sorry if confused you. I will try to put in simple terms for you.

If I did as target says and returned the item I would then have to try and find the 340xl on sale for that price somewhere on a non black friday sale. When i have the attourney info and case # i will put on here.

Right now they are gathering all info and written statements to give to target to try and solve before going through the courts. As for your comments they do nothing to solve the problem.

Quote=”brian”

“Ok for May I help you find something or anybody with no common sense, your POST are very hard to read and annoying.”

If you are “brian” then the text in quotes after “quote=”brian”” repeats what brian posted.

The text immediately following the quoted section is my response. BTW, If the quoted material contains grammatical or spelling errors these are tagged with standard editing marks thus: “(sic)”.

Quote=”brian”

“Also they provide no suggestion or replies that make any sense in reply to the comments on here.”

Neither does that sentence…

Quote=”brian”

“As for the time and money to fight it, that (sic) does not matter it is the prinicple (sic) of it. According to another site they are getting a class action suit together against target (not just due to this product sale) but due to several items they offer for sell then do similar item.”

I’m not an ideologue. If you think you have a case against Target (or another retailer) please share your story here.

Quote=”brian”

“Of course then we have to find the product at sale price somewhere else for that price.”

You’ve lost me…

Quote=”brian”

“As for the product switched was equal price for a cheaper product.”

So you’re saying you expected to pay $97 for an item that sells for $175 when not on sale? Also, when the $175 priced item ran out you were shipped a sub-$175 value substitute? Further, that you could return the substitute item for a full refund at a Target store within 90 days?

As for the product switched was equal price for a cheaper product. As for the time and money to fight it, that does not matter it is the prinicple of it.

According to another site they are getting a class action suit together against target (not just due to this product sale) but due to several items they offer for sell then do similar item. Also hundreds of people were not even offered the cheaper model and there order was just canceled without any compensation or offer of another item. This seems as target is also discriminating against the customers. But as you said you are not a lawyer and either am I, that is why we pay laywers.

The response to BBB from target was very simple, sorry the product has already shipped (the cheaper model) and there is nothing can be done now.

If the customer wishes they can return the product within 90 days. Of course then we have to find the product at sale price somewhere else for that price.

Ok for May I help you find something or anybody with no common sense, your POST are very hard to read and annoying. Also they provide no suggestion or replies that make any sense in reply to the comments on here.

Quote=”Linda”

"May I help you find something": like I told you before, your letters are unreadable with the format you are using.”

Like I told you before, I don’t write “letters”…

What format would you prefer that I use?