Went to Target in Paradise Valley AZ and bought about $200 worth of stuff. Cashier put two bags on the shelf for me to take.

Got home and found I did not have 2 small items I bought and paid for. Why they had these small items in their own bag was beyond me. Needless to say, I had to get back in my car and drive back to the store to get the items - not a short drive either. I went to the Service Counter, showed the woman the receipt and she went to the register, got my remaining items and handed them to me.

Silly me, thought she might have at least said sorry for the inconvenience. As I stood there, she said, do you need something else? I was like, is that it, no sorry or anything? She says, well the bag was right there on the cashiers carousel.

Am I supposed to lean over the counter to ensure the cashier gives me all my bags? Wasn't asking for much - an apology for making me return to the store due to their stupidity would have been nice and this service woman made it even worse with her crappy comment and attitude.

Not going back there ever again and you can believe I tell everyone I know about this. Target - you may want to train your people that it doesn't cost much to say sorry but it does cost a lot when you don't!

Review about: Target Cashier.

Comments

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #217961

Perhaps "what's wrong with" had to post three times for you to penetrate the message through your thick skull that you are responsible for your own purchases. Telling you once obviosly does not work.

Nor does telling you twice, and it appears that telling you three times does not work either. However the posts were at the exact same time, so anyone with half a brain would know that it is the site glitches rather than the person. Anyone with half a brain would check their purchases and know that they are partially to blame. I have to agree with Irish that it was not him but the computer.

Even if it was them obviously three times is not enough for you to get the message. What about admitting to your own stupidity. You seem like one of those people who no matter how many people tell you you are wrong you think you are in the right and everyone else is wrong. i agree with Irish, an adult admits her mistake and checks her bags before leaving the store.

An adult would have apolgoised for their part in the mistake as well. You must have very low self esteem to find it rude because nobody apologized to you when you too owe an apology for your careless behavior. Well you were rude as well. Seriously like others have suggested grow up.

You are very quick to find fault with others, like that person who did not post three times but that person whose post went three times. This was not their fault, yet you are quick to point this out. Blame others for actions which is not their fault, but when something is your fault you don't admit to it. Well before you go attacking others whether it is their fault or not look in a mirror and point fingers at yourself.

Because you want others to apologize for their mistakes(whether they made them or not) but you don't want to apologize for yours. I am sure this long message won't penetrate through your thick skull. Obviously your parents did not raise you right, but hopefully it helps make a small dent at least. Also you mention that you won't be going back.

Trust me with your attitude you won't be missed. Infact it is a blessing for them.

Just feel sorry for the store you choose to go to who have to deal with your ***. With your childish behavior as Irish pointed out.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #217953

Well in his or her defence it is not them that posted the letter three times it is the computer that does this. Unlike your childish and irresponsible behavior this was not her fault.

Seriously even if she did put the bag where you could not see it it is your job as an adult to watch what she was packing and which bag she put it in. Also if you did not see the bag how did you know where she put the bag. Seriously stop acting like a four year old because you are both at fault. Since you are both partially at fault either none of you apologize or both of you do.

From your replies I can see that you think very highly of yourself. Like i said if you act like a four year old perhaps until you learn to be more responsible an adult should be shopping with you. To make sure you left with all your purchases. I just love how you point out the mistakes of others.

"The cashier's mistake of not putting the bag where you can see it.

"What's wrong with's three posts which is due to a glitch and not her fault, but what about not acting like a four year old and admitting your mistake as well. You are quick to find fault with others but can't admit your own mistake.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #217952

"The cashier's mistake of not putting the bag where you can see it.

What's Wrong With...you had nothing better to do than post your comments three times? What I don't think is understood is the woman packed the bags and put two up for me to take and left one down below the counter where I couldn't see it. Jiminy - get a life!

What ever happened to the customer is always right. Although we all know that they aren't, it is our job as an employee of a store to let them feel that they are.

Unfortunately it means that sometimes we take abuse when a customer is having a bad day. A better way to deal with this is to smile and apologize.

Don't want to do it - then find another profession because unfortunately this is REAL life and S#@! happens.

Irish is absolutely correct, many guests have left items that were right in front of them. Chances are if the TM was babysitting your bags after the transaction was over the next person in line would be breathing fire because they were not ringing up their items fast enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of those people. Just be glad the bags were found and turned in.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #131234

Why should they apologize to you when it was you who was careless. Why should they apologize for your mistake.

Seriously grow up and take some responsibility. If you are unable to check to see that you have everything have an adult shop with you. It was your stupidity not theirs. You should not be shopping on your own until you are old enough to admit your mistakes and take more responsibility.

They are not your mother or babysitter to ask "now Azeagle did you remember to take the chocolate bar you paid for." I admit I have left something behind in a hurry. I did not blame others for my mistake.

Grow up. You can tell everyone about this if you want but they will laugh at you and tell you it is yor fault.

Quote=”Azeagle”

“Got home and found I did not have 2 small items I bought and paid for.”

In Target lingo this is called a “paid and left”. Any items found at the check lanes are logged in a book and held (usually at Guest Services). Guests leave items more often that you might think!

Quote=”Azeagle”

I went to the Service Counter, showed the woman the receipt and she went to the register, got my remaining items and handed them to me.”

Great! Problem solved!

Quote=”Azeagle”

“Silly me, (I) thought she might have at least said sorry for the inconvenience.”

Well, it would have been nice if the TM (Team Member) had done so, but don’t count on it. Just as it would be nice to hear a guest say “thank you” once in a while (but TMs don’t count on that either).

Quote=”Azeagle”

“As I stood there, she said, do you need something else?”

Oh, dear. This does break the rules. TMs are trained to say “Can I Help You Find Something?” This is the correct response to a guest question, or guests that seem lost or confused. Many ETL-GE (Executive Team Leaders – Guest Relations) will reward their TMs for the correct response. Our store often gives TMs a ‘free Starbucks’ for doing so!

Quote=”Azeagle”

“She says, well the bag was right there on the cashiers carousel. Am I supposed to lean over the counter to ensure the cashier gives me all my bags?”

Yes! Doh!

Quote=”Azeagle”

“Wasn't asking for much - an apology for making me return to the store due to their stupidity would have been nice and this service woman made it even worse with her crappy comment and attitude.”

Wow! Are you serious? You decided that it was the TM’s fault and that they “made” you return to the store, and, gulp, the TM is both *** and had a crappy attitude?

Quote=”Azeagle”

“Not going back there ever again”

You will not be missed by anyone at Target…

Quote=”Azeagle”

“you can believe I tell everyone I know about this. Target”

I don’t doubt it. Many a time a guest with a strong sense of entitlement will go out of their way to report a TM to the store leader. I suspect these same people have this attitude in other situations and I’m sure they’re difficult to be around in their workplace.

Quote=”Azeagle”

“you may want to train your people that it doesn't cost much to say sorry but it does cost a lot when you don't!”

Read and noted, thank you very much! May I suggest in return that you join a Target store as a Team Member and see what it’s like from our point of view? BTW, you will be treated fairly by Target Corporation, and rewarded with the prevailing minimum wage for your state. I earned $8.00/hr the first year. Good Luck!