3.0
Ease of Use

Target ad and signs in store indicate free $5 target gift card when you buy any five Clorox, Lysol, Scrubbing Bubbles, Tilex, Mr. Clean, Windex or Draino cleaning products.

I purchased 1 2-pack Clorox toilet cleaner, 1 Mr. Clean, and 2 Windex products, thinking since this was 5 of the items in the ad I would get the $5 gift card. Wrong. Clerk and Manager insisted that since I purchased a 2-pack of the toilet cleaner, it counted as only one item.

I argued to no avail that I was in fact purchasing 2 of the toilet bowl cleaner, I should be able to get the $5 gift card. Manager said that the registers programmed to count as 1 item. They suggested I add another two pack to get the discount which I was not willing to do so I did not purchase any of the toilet cleaner.

If this was BOGO item I would agree it should be counted as 1, but in purchasing the two pack I was only getting a slight discount from buying two individual products. I think Target should have been able to override the register in this case in the same manner they do when the register does not recognize sale items or customers dispute the charged amount at the register.

Review about: Target Deal.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Increasing prices.

Comments

If it sounds too good to be true, let the buyer beware!

Fullerton, California, United States #1268248

Just because you don't understand simple English does not mean that the clerk and manager are wrong. The two pack counts as ONE ITEM.

You have only purchased four items. I suggest you go back to preschool and learn how to count before arguing about who is right and who is wrong.

offconsumerpissed
Muncie, Indiana, United States #1267720

***! Are you that desperate for $5?!?

Anyone with a functioning brain would think that any product in a 2-for-1 scenario would be counted as one item.

If I go to Target and they have a "Buy five items and get a gift card" promotion, I'm smart enough to realize that I can't go buy a pack of 5 white t-shirts and pretend like I'm owed something. Use some common sense.

to off***sumer***ed Fullerton, California, United States #1268249

It seems like the OP either does not know how to count and or does not understand simple English. Going back to preschool and learning these skills would be beneficial to her.