On Black Friday we arrived at target at 5 p.m. to wait in line for one of the doorbuster tvs they had on special. While in the store we inquired about the promotion wherein you add a new line or upgrade existing line and receive A $250 Target gift card. It was then that we were told we needed to take a number and numbers would be called in sequence starting at 9 p.m. . My husband and I waited until 9 when they started calling numbers. Our number was called at 11:30 p.m. we've been opened a new line, paid for our phone for our new line, received our new lines phone number, and had our new phone in a bag and ready to go. We were then told that the line needed to be activated. In the activation process, we were told that an error code was being sent back to them and they were unable to activate the line. He then proceeded to tell us that because the phone couldn't be activated in store (targets error not ours) that we were ineligible for the $250 gift card. We asked if we could activate the phone over the phone with sprint. We were told that we could, but that we would not receive the $250 gift card
The next morning my husband and I went to sprint trying to figure out why the line could not be activated at Target the night before and why we missed out on the promotional $250 gift card. It was then that Sprint informed us that indeed a line was opened and activated the night before at Target stores. He then confirmed this by having us check our email on file for the contract stating but the line was activated. Sure enough, at 11:03 pm while standing in Target stores, a line through sprint had been activated. We were asked to take that email to the Target store and request that we be honored our promotional gift card.
I'm not sure what target teaches their employees but certainly it is that money is worth more then their customers time and patience. After spending nearly another half hour on top of the 8 hours we have spent there the day before v manager anager at Target told us "i understand what your telling me however, target didnt make money off of you opening your line here, sprint did. We cannot honor your promotional gift card"......
Bottom line - the new line had been purchased and activated in target during the time the promotional gift cards we're being offered. It is not our fault that their computers we're reading off an error message. We are entitled to the promotional gift card.
Fast forward to last night.... My husband and I we're looking online for a specific game that our son wanted for Christmas. Target showed that they were offering the lowest price on this game. We went on to order the game, only to find out that it was a IN STORE ONLY NO SHIPPING item- it did state that the item was indeed in stock in our local Target. The price was $20. Against our better judgment in our prior experience, we chose to drive 25 minutes to target to purchase this game because of the amount of savings and the price that they were offering. When we went to check out the cashier kindly informed us that they were not honoring online prices in store on Cyber Monday. Makes sense right? Of course it does! But how is one to purchase A "IN STORE ITEM ONLY"?? At the store, right?? We have to speak with a manager, once again, regarding our purchase. The manager rudely informed us that we could not purchase this in store only item at their price online due to it being cyber monday. We then told the manager that we would be contacting customer service. His exact words were "good luck with that"!
We left target and went across the street to Walmart. Walmart was happy to do a price match IN STORE for the item you had LISTED ONLINE as a IN STORE ONLY ITEM....
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Product or service
- Until Dawn Video Game
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "was a target executive in new york for 8 years.2 words for target *** YOU.i went from being a superstar to a horses *** in months then back to a..."
- "We went to a Target store to buy a Bissell SpotClean - Model 52071. It retails at Target for $99.99, but Amazon sells it for $79.99. Because we wanted..."
- "In July 2015, I purchased a Biofresh® 3" Memory Foam Mattress Topper from Target online in FULL size. When I received the shipment, the packing did not indicate the brand,..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."
- "Stay far away from this low life company as possible. They delivered our entire belongings to a two small storage facility and never called us or notified us they were..."
- "RUN RUN RUN 2 weeks turned to 6. and still not done they ordered the wrong tub and order the same $33 ceiling fan (a request was made to upgrade from the..."