Target - Review about Star Wars Toy from Baltimore, Maryland

411 of 1891 Target reviews

Went to target on the I-410 loop closest to Lackland AFB, TX for Star Wars release today.

First one was at 1030pm sept 3rd. Went in and asked customer service, who was very nice, about the Star Wars lunch and they pulled address to the target identified in the picture below. Customer service at this target stated they were not doing the Star Wars launch. They said to go to this one and gave me an address. I looked up the store on Google and the store identified in the picture stated they were doing the Star Wars launch at midnight Sept 4th.

When I arrived at this target in Blanco, TX, myself along with about two dozen other people waited outside the door where the lights were on and employees were walking around looking at us through the door. I got there at about 11:00 PM. Stood outside waiting until midnight. Even though multiple employees were standing in the doorway where the entrance was blocked off by shopping carts, they waited till exactly midnight to walk up to the glass door without even opening it and just shook their heads without saying anything. Once someone yelled to the glass politely and only so employees could hear them, and employee yelled without opening the door telling all of us that the Star Wars launch was at another target 20 minutes down the road. Then they immediately turned around and walked away with a pissed off attitude.

Because of this about 20 of us showed up to the super target which wasn't listed as having a Star Wars launch. Upon arrival, the store had been completely wiped out. I know launches and special events are crazy but because of the *** poor planning, communication, and professionalism displayed by the target listed in this picture, a lot of us missed out on grabbing a few Star Wars items for friends family and children. I'm just pissed cause I wanted and X-Wing :-(.

The 2nd picture below is the super target address, if you look it up on Google it says the same as the regular target.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Star Wars Toy
Review category
Kids' Stores
review #694195

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Target? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
411 of 1891 Target reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 07, 2015 #1030755

You didn't think it was weird that they apparently threw everyone out at 11pm only to open an hour later? The website clearly stated that the stores would stay open until 2am. And of course they didn't open the door. No one opens the front doors of a buiseness after hours.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.