Target - Review about Spritz Halloween Syringe Pens from Ohio, United States

You are selling a product called syringe pens.In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate.

Its one thing for a doctor to use it as a prop at their office but this should not be out there.The age on it says 4+

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Spritz Halloween Syringe Pens
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #722743 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Target? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 14 No 14
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 03 #1222100 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

We all deal with loses, some more than others, and unfortunately it's all just part of life. That being said, if this really bothers you that much, may I suggest you call Target and voice your complaint so they are aware, and itt's in their records. I personally wouldn't purchase these, and I would just keep walking on to another isle. But I feel that way about alot of things I don't like to see. Good luck.

0 0 Reply

Oct 03 #1221836 Chardon, Ohio

Nah, you're overreacting. It's a themed, quirky novelty. What's next on your trigger list? Bubble guns? Plastic swords? This is petty.
Nice attempt, but you should probably look elsewhere for attention. Might I suggest tumblr?

2 0 Reply

Aug 13 #1198556 Ball, Louisiana

So you are concerned small children will use syringe pens and end up becoming heroin addicts?
This seriously concerns you? *** when I was growing up our family doctors routinely gave us real syringes to use as squirt guns. A resulting use of heroin was never an issue.
Stop, please with the helicopter parenting..sheesh.

Apr 28 #1151345

I recently lost my fiance to a heroin overdose and i'm not freaking out about this product. People die in fires but I don't people freaking out about lighters being on sale or fire wood. Please find something else to freak out about because as someone who lost someone they love to this epidemic your freak out is kind of offensive.

Stray Cat

Apr 26 #1150070

Always some old biddy to gripe about something. Get a life.

7 0 Reply

Apr 06 #1140420

Mindd ur biznes!!!!!! It don't effect u directly, so get a life!!!

6 1 Reply

Mar 12 #1126263

Your stupidity is highly inappropriate. It offends me.

7 0 Reply

Mar 12 #1126261

Get a life cry baby.

Mar 01 #1120656

Hmm...guess you are not diabetic, I rather have a sryinge pen in my pocket than a fat needle when dining at a restaurant for example.

Feb 28 #1119437

Seriously, I think you are overreacting. Many of us in the healthcare field receive these as gifts and think they are quite cute. Syringes can be a wonderful things, used to administer medication to heal people. As far as age 4+, many children show an interest in healthcare at an early age, and becoming a doctor or nurse is a wonderful aspiration.

Jan 18 #1096798

Maybe you're simply over-reacting to a toy representing a syringe, and that's your only concern, but you can actually buy real syringes almost everywhere.
Real needle syringes are openly for sale in most states without a prescription primarily because of HIV infection. Everyone, including I hope you, would rather heroin users use fresh syringes instead of making them impossible to obtain and people re-use them between users, trading blood-borne illnesses like HIV and Hep-C. Some clinics give them out for free for the same reason.
I bought a box of insulin-type syringes to use for my cat's meds and didn't need an Rx.

Nov 14, 2015 #1063764

Get a grip, seriously. These cannot be used as actual syringes, you cannot put a needle in them. Also, syringes are used all over the world for medicine and good things, WAY MORE than they are used for shooting heroin. Just because someone was reminded of an awful event by the mere sight of these pens, does not mean they should have to stop selling them. Be real.

15 0 Reply

Nov 07, 2015 #1059918

So because people get shot should stores stop selling water guns? Because people die of obesity should they stop selling food? Because people die of allergies should they stop selling eggs and peanuts? You know someone who died of a heroin overdose, and that's sad, but it does not mean stores have to change their stock because someone might see it and get the wrong idea because someone might have died with something similar involved.

Oct 26, 2015 #1053874

For your information a. I am not a liberal. I know quite a few people and kids that have overdosed on heroin. I myself never touched. A friend of mine broke down when she saw it in target. She lossed her daughter to heroin. I think alot of the stuff they are doing is bs.

0 16 Reply

Oct 26, 2015 #1054294 British Columbia, Canada

I am sorry for your loss, and I am sorry for my comment, but you should have specified you had an issue with the name itself rather then the pen. There is no way to get high on these pens.

4 2 Reply

Mar 12 #1126264

It's not your fault she's a cry baby.

5 0 Reply
Stray Cat

Apr 26 #1150071

I am genuinely sorry to hear about your friend's loss, but in this case, she is reacting to a personal tragedy and the trigger happened to be a harmless pen. Instead of banning the pen, I recommend you gently suggest grief counseling. Helping people cope with their issues and triggers rather than insisting the world change even the most minor of things that may cause anyone discomfort is far more productive and, well... just a lot less whiny and entitled if we are going to be honest.

May 13 #1158610

So then you and your "friend' should avoid going to Target and should seek mental help for your issues. The only problem is with YOU, not Target selling these items.

3 0 Reply

Oct 25, 2015 #1053363

You need to relax. You are blowing this way out of propotion. We sell the same pens at the Walmart I work at. There is no way you could use those pens as a needle and get high, no matter how hard you try to do so. You are making a big issue over nothing. These pens are basically just called syringe pens. Mainly because you have to put them together with different colour inks. You sound like one of those soccer moms. We had one lead a group into trying to boycott Harry Potter books and movies because they think the books and movies promote actual witchcraft and the author is a real witch.

12 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.