Target - Review about Savannah Gas Fire Table from Orlando, Florida
I just recieved the firepit table I'd ordered last week from Target.com.The box was clearly damaged in shipping and, after opening, we found the product (particularly the marble table top) was badly cracked in numerous places (photo just just one).
I first wasted nearly an hour of my Saturday "chatting" online with Carl in customer service, who was polite but unable to help me in any way other than offering to have me return the 150lb product myself to a local store (!) and shipping me a new one using the same poor quality delivery service that damaged the first one. I then wasted another 45 minutes on the phone with a "supervisor" who had no more autonomy than the first employee and quite a bit more snarky attitude. I shop at Target almost weekly and paid $565 for this fire pit, so I expected to be treated like a valued customer. The response I got was just short of "sorry we can't really help you".
A refund or replacement (at great inconvenience to me--and with same shipping company) is all they will offer. I am so disappointed in Target, and won't be ordering anything from their online store again. They use this delivery company for all large items, so buyer beware!! Don't order any large items or furniture from Target.
If they arrive broken, you can expect the same indifferent "so sorry for your inconvenience" but no meaningful willingness to make things right. Shame on you Target.
You charge high-end store prices, but use the lowest cost shipper.I'll take my business elsewhere in the future.
More Review Details
|Layout of Store|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Savannah Gas Fire Table
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Target has a promotion going on right now for Swiffer products which clearly states on the promo $5 Free Gift Card with the purchase of 2 selected items. I..."
- " I went to target today and bought two cases of Aquafina water (24 bottles each case).The Big sign above the water clearly read $3.99. I was sitting in my car reading..."
- "Went to Target in Front Royal Virginia.. They had their whitening strips listed for 3.79 but they were ringing up 11.99 and they would not honor the listed price. The..."
- "I have been a owner for 10 yrs. we have a studio every other year. When we bought in 2005 they show you a big studio with walk in shower..."
- "I have purchased 2 king sheet sets, a kind bedding set, a leather wallet, an 8 gig iPod Touch, and a Swarovski grab bag from this company last month. The..."
- "RECEIPTS , CABINETS AND GOODS WANTED!! These people either grossly UNDERBID a project they were not capable of or I have been SCAM*ED. My attorney is working this out now if..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."