Target - Review about Coat from Richfield, Minnesota

509 of 1891 Target reviews

I was walking through the produce section with a long north face coat when I felt a pull and heard a rip.The end cap of a table was missing so there was sharp plastic sticking out that snagged and ripped my coat.

I went to customer service, filed a report and have been dealing with target's insurance company for about a month now. The manager of target said they were previously aware of the damaged table and it was on a list to fix. He mentioned they were lucky it was a coat and not a little kid's finger or head. The end cap is still not fixed and I take a new picture of it every week I'm at target.

The insurance company refuses to give me the full amount of money to replace the coat saying it is a year old, even though I can not buy a year old replacement coat or I gladly would! They said I "cannot come out ahead of where I began" on this issue. Exact wording. Target is willing to lose a customer that spends about $250 a week at MINIMUM (not during holidays, birthdays, back to school shopping etc!) over $289!

Since the incident has happened I have spent around $1000 at target between groceries, new clothes for kids and birthday presents. This will be coming to a screeching halt forever if they don't fix this. I have a rainbow foods, malls, Walmart, Home Depot, and Walgeens just as close to me. I even offered to take a target gift card for the $289 and to give them my ripped coat so they know I will be replacing it.

I am on my 3rd person at the insurance company. The second person was quite rude and condescending and offered me about $5 more than the 1st person which still leaves over $100 off the price of the coat! The 3rd person is on vacation for a week now. I think they are just waiting for me to give up.

I find it extremely hard to believe that someone high up at Target would want one of their customers to feel this frustrated over something the manager and the insurance company are both admitting was their fault. No wonder target is in the place they are in-failing in Canada, letting go of loads of employees, and dealing with credit card issues! It doesn't feel like they care about their customers.

I will not be shopping at target until this is resolved.I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, that they would want to make this right, but I can see that might not happen now.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Coat
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #621907 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Target? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 4 No 4
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
509 of 1891 Target reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 16, 2015 #1008497

I'm sorry to hear that you don't watch where you're going and you run into things. If a shelf fell onto you, you'd have a case, but this is just ***, you can catch a zipper on anything, accept the consequences of your carelessness and leave target alone.

2 1 Reply
KevinRichards

Apr 18, 2015 #973319 Orange, California, United States

There is no way your jacket could have been ripped from the endcap on the picture. Sounds to me like you ripped your own jacket and want them to pay for a new one. Get a job and get a new jacket yourself with the money you earn. They should not have to fork over the bill.

6 5 Reply
MattD78

Apr 14, 2015 #971980 Melbourne, Florida, United States

Insurance isn't there to replace your coat. Insurance is for (legitimate) falls and personal injury, not your coat that got caught on a table. Accidents happen. Chalk it up to bad luck and move on. Frankly be happy they offered you anything, they should have said "tough luck" and hung up.

3 3 Reply
weasel

Apr 14, 2015 #971905 Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

I would "post" your experiences on their facebook page, they usually respond better when the world is watching! Good Luck

2 2 Reply
anonymous

Apr 15, 2015 #972204

I've come to find that a lot of companies will delete any negative comments from their facebook page, but its worth a try.

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Target. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Target.
Filing a new complaint about
×