I was walking through the produce section with a long north face coat when I felt a pull and heard a rip.The end cap of a table was missing so there was sharp plastic sticking out that snagged and ripped my coat.
I went to customer service, filed a report and have been dealing with target's insurance company for about a month now. The manager of target said they were previously aware of the damaged table and it was on a list to fix. He mentioned they were lucky it was a coat and not a little kid's finger or head. The end cap is still not fixed and I take a new picture of it every week I'm at target.
The insurance company refuses to give me the full amount of money to replace the coat saying it is a year old, even though I can not buy a year old replacement coat or I gladly would! They said I "cannot come out ahead of where I began" on this issue. Exact wording. Target is willing to lose a customer that spends about $250 a week at MINIMUM (not during holidays, birthdays, back to school shopping etc!) over $289!
Since the incident has happened I have spent around $1000 at target between groceries, new clothes for kids and birthday presents. This will be coming to a screeching halt forever if they don't fix this. I have a rainbow foods, malls, Walmart, Home Depot, and Walgeens just as close to me. I even offered to take a target gift card for the $289 and to give them my ripped coat so they know I will be replacing it.
I am on my 3rd person at the insurance company. The second person was quite rude and condescending and offered me about $5 more than the 1st person which still leaves over $100 off the price of the coat! The 3rd person is on vacation for a week now. I think they are just waiting for me to give up.
I find it extremely hard to believe that someone high up at Target would want one of their customers to feel this frustrated over something the manager and the insurance company are both admitting was their fault. No wonder target is in the place they are in-failing in Canada, letting go of loads of employees, and dealing with credit card issues! It doesn't feel like they care about their customers.
I will not be shopping at target until this is resolved.I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, that they would want to make this right, but I can see that might not happen now.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "Target has asked for me to file a review to help other customers. I certainly hope my review does help other Target customers! I placed an order for a surprise 15th..."
- "I saw this sign on the morning of April 18th 2015 out front of PSL Target and I had to know why someone would put this up. I really thought..."
- "I purchased 02 air purified based on Target online product specification. In this case, the room range of the product is 100-300 sf. I have 234sf. room to cover and..."
- "Last year I purchased the Braviken sink with the Godmorgon bath cabinet from Ikea. About two weeks ago I noticed that a big piece of the enamel had chipped off..."
- "I had lift for a loose skin turkey neck look. After all the money spent, pain and bruising, it didn't work at all. I told doctor to compare..."
- "I am so sick and furious with myself that I called on Cordell and Cordell for anything. Cordell and Cordell is a money-making machine and that's all they care..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."