I was walking through the produce section with a long north face coat when I felt a pull and heard a rip.The end cap of a table was missing so there was sharp plastic sticking out that snagged and ripped my coat.
I went to customer service, filed a report and have been dealing with target's insurance company for about a month now. The manager of target said they were previously aware of the damaged table and it was on a list to fix. He mentioned they were lucky it was a coat and not a little kid's finger or head. The end cap is still not fixed and I take a new picture of it every week I'm at target.
The insurance company refuses to give me the full amount of money to replace the coat saying it is a year old, even though I can not buy a year old replacement coat or I gladly would! They said I "cannot come out ahead of where I began" on this issue. Exact wording. Target is willing to lose a customer that spends about $250 a week at MINIMUM (not during holidays, birthdays, back to school shopping etc!) over $289!
Since the incident has happened I have spent around $1000 at target between groceries, new clothes for kids and birthday presents. This will be coming to a screeching halt forever if they don't fix this. I have a rainbow foods, malls, Walmart, Home Depot, and Walgeens just as close to me. I even offered to take a target gift card for the $289 and to give them my ripped coat so they know I will be replacing it.
I am on my 3rd person at the insurance company. The second person was quite rude and condescending and offered me about $5 more than the 1st person which still leaves over $100 off the price of the coat! The 3rd person is on vacation for a week now. I think they are just waiting for me to give up.
I find it extremely hard to believe that someone high up at Target would want one of their customers to feel this frustrated over something the manager and the insurance company are both admitting was their fault. No wonder target is in the place they are in-failing in Canada, letting go of loads of employees, and dealing with credit card issues! It doesn't feel like they care about their customers.
I will not be shopping at target until this is resolved.I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, that they would want to make this right, but I can see that might not happen now.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "I paid my bill on due date , I thought I paid on time. I never checked my card because I never used it. Two months later I received..."
- " Most Pathetic service by Target.com online and worse they don't let you submit a bad review!!!. I wonder how is their online business even surviving?? I ordered this item and..."
- "We bought a $70 stoller from the website. We never used it and decided to return it to the store. They wouldn't let us return the brand new..."
- " This latest item I have received Robotic Toy Dog came from China and the box is so crushed it looks like a truck ran over it. Now the site..."
- "I bought a car too (2003 Chrysler Voyager) from 763-447-7614 - 763-267-1960 - 651-442-0545 back in May and took it in for an oil change yesterday they said it looked..."
- "I bought this chicken not knowing that it was raw ate it and got very sick the next day , went to the doctor and bacteria exams came in positive..."
- "I ordered mats for my kitchen from a daily deal. When they came (I like the rugs. They were what I expected) they came postage due for $5.85. There was..."
- "Wow, this site is breaking all the rules that exist to protect our privacy. 2 listings were available for my name, as I have lived in two different townships. One..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."