I was walking through the produce section with a long north face coat when I felt a pull and heard a rip.The end cap of a table was missing so there was sharp plastic sticking out that snagged and ripped my coat.
I went to customer service, filed a report and have been dealing with target's insurance company for about a month now. The manager of target said they were previously aware of the damaged table and it was on a list to fix. He mentioned they were lucky it was a coat and not a little kid's finger or head. The end cap is still not fixed and I take a new picture of it every week I'm at target.
The insurance company refuses to give me the full amount of money to replace the coat saying it is a year old, even though I can not buy a year old replacement coat or I gladly would! They said I "cannot come out ahead of where I began" on this issue. Exact wording. Target is willing to lose a customer that spends about $250 a week at MINIMUM (not during holidays, birthdays, back to school shopping etc!) over $289!
Since the incident has happened I have spent around $1000 at target between groceries, new clothes for kids and birthday presents. This will be coming to a screeching halt forever if they don't fix this. I have a rainbow foods, malls, Walmart, Home Depot, and Walgeens just as close to me. I even offered to take a target gift card for the $289 and to give them my ripped coat so they know I will be replacing it.
I am on my 3rd person at the insurance company. The second person was quite rude and condescending and offered me about $5 more than the 1st person which still leaves over $100 off the price of the coat! The 3rd person is on vacation for a week now. I think they are just waiting for me to give up.
I find it extremely hard to believe that someone high up at Target would want one of their customers to feel this frustrated over something the manager and the insurance company are both admitting was their fault. No wonder target is in the place they are in-failing in Canada, letting go of loads of employees, and dealing with credit card issues! It doesn't feel like they care about their customers.
I will not be shopping at target until this is resolved.I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, that they would want to make this right, but I can see that might not happen now.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I just received my order from Target Online and this is what I got (See picture...). Looks like the delivery guy played football with my package. Of course, inside it..."
- "I ordered a bed through target.com and this is how it was delivered please see the pictures ..this is unacceptable and there customer service email is down as well...."
- "Hi, I bought up & up Kids sunscreem from target store in California (Bay area) and it caused severe allergy around my arms, ears and face. I had to see..."
- "I just got my windows installed by Window World of Atlanta about a month ago. My windows are fogging. The funny thing is only the windows installed by Window World..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "Received a dozen red roses at work on Friday Feb 12th. Expecting to open the box and see large red roses, I find rose buds instead. I figure the next..."
- "just as the title says, dutch glow cleaning tonic are just lies! only if there were reivews that i can see at their own official website, i wouldn't order this..."
- "After a few weeks of using Wen my hair fell out. Two huge bald spots! I just hope it grows back because now I have to wear a wig. I..."