Generally I don't complain online about companies but after the poor treatment and attitude of Targets customer service department I believe I have no other choice.
In August I ordered a bed frame from target online. I have purchased target furniture from the store before and never had any problems. This is completely different online. After ordering I was sent my confirmation. I then received updates when it was shipping.
The shipping company had difficulties delivering my product. It took 2 1/2 weeks after the product was received by the Atlanta shipping company before they ever delivered it. They wanted the customer to be availible between 11am and 6pm during a 5day time period. They wanted my gate code when it clearly stated on the box to find the persons name to be let through the gate. The shipping staff was rude when I tried to obtain the product that I had paid for.
When we finally received the box it looked like it had been shipped with no care. It looked as if it had been opened and then resealed. When I asked the delivery man if it was received like this he stated, "all the boxes from target always look that way."
We then assembled the bed. And the manufacturing of the bed was off so the slats would not fit.
We called target to resolve the issue. They stated they would send a replacement bed.
Of course the shipping was through the same company. The bed arrived in Atlanta on September 11. Today is October 13. I received the bed today. The company didn't show up when they said they would. They once again would attempt to enter the property but would not use the call box appropriately. I took off of work and reworked schedules to make myself availble and they would not show up. They were supposed to call with a time that they would be delivering the product. They did not. I finally allowed them to leave the bed outside of the door. When it was moved inside it was noted that the box had been punctured enough to damage the headboard and had been taped over. So once again we can not use this bed either.
The shipping company was supposed to pick the other bed up at the time they dropped the replacement bed. Of course since they delivered it when no one was home I was not able to do that. And I was not able to check the product for damage before they left.
I called Target to find out how I would handle getting the bed back to target. I wanted to just take it back to the store so that I would not have to deal with the shipping company again. But was told by customer service that would not be possible. I complained about the service of the shipping company used. The person in your customer service did not seem to care in anyway that I was now out of hundreds of dollars, had a bed that was not manufactured properly and had wasted time and effort. I explained that I was now so upset that I in no way wanted target to have any of my business so I wanted to return both beds and wanted a refund.
The customer service rep in no way seemed to care if target was losing business. I used to shop at target on a regular basis. It was my go to place but now I will not shop there. I have to wait to be refunded for beds that I can not use and deal with a shipping company that is awful just to get the beds back to target and then have to wait to be refunded. This has been a 2 1/2 month process and is completely unacceptable.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Bed Frame
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My family and I had gone to Target and saw that they had this black futon that switched as a bed for the sale price of 99.00. We went home..."
- "On 9/2/12 11:38am, I bought a queen Aerobed at Target, Ca for $216.00. When I opened it later that day for my guests to use, we found it covered with..."
- "We went to a Target store to buy a Bissell SpotClean - Model 52071. It retails at Target for $99.99, but Amazon sells it for $79.99. Because we wanted..."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."
- "I ordered the free trial and never would believe it made my hair worse!! My hair is falling out!!!! Scream! I pleaded with them for help!! My doctor said it..."
- "Visitors to PSFIFACoins get not only FIFA 15 Coins for all the consoles and Xbox One and other devices but get them at cheap price too. One of the specialities..."
- "The company Hole in One Clearing House Dennis Chase owner continues to slander and slag others in their industry in order to deflect from their own inefficiencies which include ripping..."
- "All website, email, and Appliance Deliver Terms and Conditions data clearly states delivery and haul away of old appliance are included in the delivery package. False. I ordered a dishwasher,..."
- " This is what mattress firm delivered to my home.Why is it ok to think your customers would except something like this, then to only say if you want clean..."