3.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

A month ago, I had a payment returned because of a bank error. I got the bank to send Target a letter explaining the situation, and a Target rep graciously removed the returned payment fee.

All good, right? Well, now it seems there's a 14-day hold on my payments because of "a history of payment problems." A rep yesterday assured me that the problem had been fixed and that my available credit should show today. A call back today revealed that the rep from yesterday had left no notes on the account, much less taken any of the promised actions, Today's rep cold-transferred me to the payments dispute department, where a good rep (finally!) got my bank on the phone, verified that the current payment has cleared, and claimed to have removed the hold. I guess we'll see.

And of course the deeper, more serious problem is that you simply can't get through to higher management with a complaint or problem. The best you can get is a rep who "takes a trouble report" and then nobody gets back to you. If you ave a problem with an incompetent, indifferent store manager (I did, more than once), a phone call to their national customer service number results in someone generating an email to ... wait for it ...

the store manager! Yeah, that sure helped.

And I couldn't get through to a supervisor in the credit card department, either. Well, as one of Despair.com's brilliant posters pointed out, if you ignore the customers long enough, they'll just go away.....

Review about: Target Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Inaccessibility of management, Poor problem handing, Apparent policy of indifference to customers.

Comments