3.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

A month ago, I had a payment returned because of a bank error. I got the bank to send Target a letter explaining the situation, and a Target rep graciously removed the returned payment fee.

All good, right? Well, now it seems there's a 14-day hold on my payments because of "a history of payment problems." A rep yesterday assured me that the problem had been fixed and that my available credit should show today. A call back today revealed that the rep from yesterday had left no notes on the account, much less taken any of the promised actions, Today's rep cold-transferred me to the payments dispute department, where a good rep (finally!) got my bank on the phone, verified that the current payment has cleared, and claimed to have removed the hold. I guess we'll see.

And of course the deeper, more serious problem is that you simply can't get through to higher management with a complaint or problem. The best you can get is a rep who "takes a trouble report" and then nobody gets back to you. If you ave a problem with an incompetent, indifferent store manager (I did, more than once), a phone call to their national customer service number results in someone generating an email to ... wait for it ...

the store manager! Yeah, that sure helped.

And I couldn't get through to a supervisor in the credit card department, either. Well, as one of Despair.com's brilliant posters pointed out, if you ignore the customers long enough, they'll just go away.....

Product or Service Mentioned: Target Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Inaccessibility of management, Poor problem handing, Apparent policy of indifference to customers.

Comments