I received a Keurig coffee maker for my birthday. During the unpacking of the present the receipt was thrown out with the wrappings. I used the coffee pot for several days and it stopped heating. I tried to return it to the store for credit or exchange and was told that their policy is nothing over $50 is returned......

I cannot believe that a store as large as Target cannot trace the sale if I know the purchase date. They offer no help. Their only recourse is to contact the manufacturer and MAYBE they will do something.

I am an old person but I have learned not to ever deal with Target again.

Comments

While it is entertaining to watch the Target associates attack each other instead of the Target customers for once, it does obscure the point. A business that cares about its customers would not treat them the way Target treats theirs.

And as usual Irish shows the contempt Target associates have for Target customers. Remember it the next time you are shopping there.

Quote= “May I Help You Find Something”

“Oh shut up would you. I am not the one acting childish here.

It is everyone that I am arguing with. I am right and everyone else is wrong. Even you. So Shut up.”

Excellent point!!

While you’re having fun here you’re also going to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs!

Keep it up and all posts by you or by “May I Help You Find Something?” will have zero value and will be ignored. Do you really want that?

Quote = “Melvin”

“Okay, I have read all your comments.”

Great!

Quote = “Melvin”

“ I have looked at other replies and obviously "May I Help You Find Something" you just argue with everyone.”

Agreed!

“Probably for attention.”

Probably so….

Quote = “Melvin”

“So unlike you I will do the adult thing and ignore you, not that I see your true self.”

I respect you for those remarks, you are spot on. And while you’re be missed around here I’m sure there’s plenty of other folks ready to fill your place.”

“Bye. Good Luck.”

I prefer the French ‘au revoir’ for I think we will indeed meet again!

Quote= “Melvin Banks”

“Oh real mature response. Seriously stop this childish bickering please.

Both of you.”

Why? We’re only here to ruffle feathers. Tonight it’s yours. Get over it.

This place has no value beyond a few chuckles. Written by fools; read by fools; commented on by fools.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #168921

Quote="Melvin Banks"

Okay, I have read all your comments. I have looked at other replies and obviously "May I Help You Find Something" you just argue with everyone. Probably for attention. So unlike you I will do the adult thing and ignore you, not that I see your true self.

Oh shut up would you. I am not the one acting childish here. It is everyone that I am arguing with. I am right and everyone else is wrong. Even you. So Shut up.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #168919

Bye. Good Luck.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #168916

"Now, have you finished purging? Or, are you going for another round?

I say “Bring it!!”

Oh real mature response.

Seriously stop this childish bickering please. Both of you.

Quote= “Melvin Banks”

“There are two sides to every fight. If Irish and May I Help you Find Something had disagreements on a previous discussion they should not be attacking each other on other topics.”

By your logic we can no longer have a discussion, unless the posts meet you standards!

Quote= “Melvin Banks”

“They should just ignore each other.”

See comment above.

Quote= “Melvin Banks”

“Sorry to say this, but looks like you are the instigator(sp) here May I Help You find Something.”

Fair comment, I agree that I took a swipe at Irish for her offensive remark.

Quote= “Melvin Banks”

“As rude as Irish's comment was yours was also rude.”

To the OP or to Irish? I’m confused.

Quote= “Melvin Banks”

“You could have done the adult thing and ignored her; however you choose to stoop to his or her level.”

We’re all on the same very low level here, even you.

Quote= “Melvin Banks”

“Remember the mature and more adult person ignores and does not reply.”

That didn’t stop you from jumping in did it? Had we all ignored each other the OP would be sitting here with no discussion. The exact opposite of why I return to this site.

It is my assertion that over time the empty posters will go away. I notice we don’t hear from poster Starlife anymore. There is still hope!!

Quote =”May I Help You Find Something”

“I never wrote that comment to Irish. This site allows you to use any name and someone was impersonating me again. I have written to the admin about it but the dummies have yet to reply.”

Actually, I did write every single comment attributed to me!

However, I didn’t contact anyone as I already know that no action will be taken. Obviously driving up the page hit counter has higher priority than making this forum believable. Let ruin it some more until we’re either banned or the site fails as a business and is taken down! After all, there are very few complaints against Target, which seems to be doing well in spite of the numerous former guests that have come here to announce they’re banning themselves from the stores. The bulk of the follow up posts mention the user “May I Help You Find Something?” or whatever name she is using today, more than the actual topics offered for discussion here.

Quote=”Actually”

“You seem to counterdict (sic) yourself May I help You Find something.”

How so? I posted several remarks, firstly offering the OP an out (find the receipt or alternative payment record, and get a refund), and I then I chastised the OP for a misleading title. The title puts Target in a defensive position when the story is about the guest not following the rules for returns. I could careless is the OP bans themselves from the store chain.

Quote=”Actually”

“Maybe Irish is right and you are just attacking them because you and he disagreed somewhere else on the site. To me that is childish.”

I agree it is childish, and so I’m not doing it. I pointed out that “Irish” answers all of her new posts with the same diatribe; that the OP is “(pick a number under ten) years old”.

I think that tells us more about her than it helps the OP understand their role as the guest in a retail store.

Do you have a counter point, we can discuss further (subject to the usual low grade distractions).

Quote= “Irish”

“I think it is more childish of you to create other identities and impersonate other people then lie about it.”

Fair criticism. Once again I’ve owned up to what I did and denied what I did NOT do on this forum. There is no checks and balances stopping forged postings, and there is no need for you to keep bringing up the same tired old problems. If you think that spewing even more of your views of me in every new posting you’ll continue to ruin it for everyone!

Quote= “Irish”

“But you will never admit to this.”

I already have cleared it up, and all that it got me was further criticism, so why bother?

Quote= “Irish”

“You pretend that it is you who is being victimized.”

Not true. I’m neither the victim nor the accuser. You should reread some of your posts!

I don’t recall you posting anything positive for any topic. In fact you’re over use of the word childish reveals quite a bit about your own quirks and problems, doesn’t it?

Quote= “Irish”

“You hold grudges against other arguments.”

Remind me of just one.

Quote= “Irish”

“You assume everyone who disagrees with you is the same person.”

Nope. I think this is an equal opportunity forum and you have fans of your work here, just as I apparently have fans of mine.

Now, have you finished purging? Or, are you going for another round? I say “Bring it!!”

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #168883

They should just ignore each other. Sorry to say this, but looks like you are the instigator(sp) here May I Help You find Something. As rude as Irish's comment was yours was also rude.

You could have done the adult thing and ignored her, however you choose to stoop to his or her level. Remember the mature and more adult person ignores and does not reply.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #168874

quote="Acutally"

Irish has a point. He could have been more polite about it but this person had no receipt. They made a mistake, (were careless whatver you like to call it. You seem to counterdict yourself May I help You Find something. Maybe Irish is right and you are just attacking them because you and he disagreed somewhere else on the site. To me that is childish.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #168872

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #168870

I think it is more childish of you to create other identities and impersonate other people then lie about it. But you will never admit to this.

You pretend that it is you who is being victimized.

You hold grudges against other arguments. You assume everyone who disagrees with you is the same person.

Quote=”Mhricko”

“Refused to stand behind appliance that worked for less than 2 weeks.”

Your story does not reflect your title for this complaint. Target did NOT refuse to do anything for you!

By your own admission you lost the receipt. The return and exchange policy terms and conditions are clearly displayed on signage at the Customer Service counter in every Target store.

A receipt is required, dated within ninety days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. If you don’t understand why this policy is in effect please ask!

Quote=”Irish”

“So that coffee maker you received for your birthday two weeks ago was that your nineth (sic) birthday because surely you are acting like a nine year old."

The OP stated that the receipt was lost by accident. Even the parents of nine year olds could make this mistake.

Why are you so quick to insult everyone that in your opinion is acting childish? Doesn’t that make you look childish, too?

Quote=”Mhricko”

“I received a Keurig coffee maker for my birthday. During the unpacking of the present the receipt was thrown out with the wrappings.”

Did the person who gave you this gift keep their receipt?

Did the person that gave you this gift give you a gift receipt (available from Target to allow gift exchanges)? Did the person that gave you this gift use a credit or debit card for the original purchase?

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #168435

So that coffee maker you received for your birthday two weeks ago was that your nineth birthday because surely you are acting like a nine year old. Your own fault for throwing out the receipt.

Maybe you should have asked mommy and daddy to keep it safe for you since you are not capable of doing it yourself. It would take hours to track the time and date the item was bought, like the person above me said, why should everyone else have to wait longer just because you made the mistake and did not keep your receipt.

Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States #168361

If they had to trace the date that tie item was purchased it would take a very long time. They have other customers to help. They cannot spend a long time helping you because you were careless with your receipt and because your carelessness broke the appliance.