I ordered $1500 worth of out door furniture from the Barclays Credit Card Website Points Center for Target.com. My credit card was charged the $1,500 for the purchase, a day later I was charged $1,100 from Target for the items that were shipped while the $1,500 charge was still pending.

A day after that I was charged $400 for the remaining items with the $1500 charge and $1100 charge still pending. The next day I was again charged $1100 from Target with now the other 3 amounts still pending. I received a phone call from my Barclays Credit Card asking if I had made all these purchases because it seemed to be fraudulent activity on my account. I explained that the purchase was for $1500 and I did not know about these other charges.

Barclays canceled my credit card and had to reissue me a new card which cause me grief as I now did not have a credit card for a week and then had to notify all my automatic payments of the new card. MY BAD EXPERIENCE DOES NOT END THERE!!!! Finally the day came when part of my order arrived. The delivery company dropped off a massive box weighing 300 Pounds in my drive way, I requested that they take it into the back yard, you would think that was reasonable since its pool furniture.

The told me that they don't do that and they just deliver to the drive way. I called Target and told them that was unacceptable as I would not be able to move this 300 pound box. Basically I was told that there was nothing they can do and that was the delivery companies policy. After spending an hour and 40 minutes on the phone with a Target representative I finally canceled my order.

Target now told me that the would schedule a pick up of the item sitting in my drive way for the next day and would not issue a credit until that item was picked up. Target also told me that I was responsible for that item and if it got stolen I would not be issued a credit, BOTTOM LINE DON'T EVER BUY ANY THING FROM TARGET! STRAIGHT CROOKS!

THEY OVER CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD THEIR DELIVERY SERVICE IS HORRIBLE AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!

Review about: Target Delivery Service.

Comments

MattD78
Orlando, Florida, United States #826413

The multiple 'charges' you saw were likely holds not charges. You placed the initial order for $1500 and a hold for this amount was then put in place since retailers cannot charge for items until they ship.

The $1100 was then likely charged for the merchandise that Target sent, then $400 the next day for the remaining items/shipping. The $1500 was still pending because it was a hold. After the $1100 charge would have gone through then the $1500 would simply have dropped off. Many online retailers charge this way.

You have pending, then charge, then release of the pending. So had you given it time it would have worked out to $1500 so no Target are not crooks.

Then there's the issue of delivery. When you placed the order did you see what type of delivery was selected? If it's to-the-door that is all that means, it gets put on your door for you to take care of.

The delivery company is not contracted to place the item anywhere else but here, and so they will not. It doesn't matter if it's pool furniture to go on your back patio, the delivery agent will not allow the drivers to put the package anywhere else other than what they are contracted to do.

To-the-Door Delivery

Item is delivered to the doorstep outside of the residence; no need to be present at the time of delivery; and a signature is not required. The carrier will contact you via email to introduce themselves and once your shipment is in transit they will provide an appointed day for delivery. It is important that any known delivery restrictions (such as gated community or apartment complex) be shared with the carrier to ensure a successful delivery experience.

Inside-the-Door Delivery

Appointment required; item will be brought inside the door to the first dry area within the residence.

Someone 18 years of age or older must be present to sign for the package.