Verified Reviewer

Good morning

I have been run around between TARGET (the store), TARGET (Customer Service on the phone) and GOOGLE PLAY (on the phone) now taking at least 5 hours of my time. No solution in sight - as far as I am concerned, I am the consumer from Target and it is time for you to pick up the ball.

I purchased five $50 give cards for $250 - that your customer service says is authorized for use but Google says is not.

Back and forth on this. ENOUGH!

Receipt number 2-1074-2***-*173-5***-*

Here are the emails from google in order of receipt -

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Howard,

Thank you for contacting Google Support!

My name is Maggie, your designated Google Support Specialist. I hope you're doing well.

I understand that you're contacting about issues in redeeming your Play gift card. Sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us and provide us details about your concern. I will be more than willing to assist you with your concern.

We looked into the issue with your Google Play gift card and it appears that your gift card wasn't activated by the retailer at the time of purchase. Unfortunately, activation of the gift card is necessary to redeem the card.

To activate your gift card, take the card and your receipt to the store where you purchased it. Once there, speak to a representative in customer service and they can activate your gift card for you.

Once the gift card is activated, you can to redeem it.

Within 48 hours of our last interaction, you'll receive a short survey via email. Wed love to hear your feedback about our interaction today and your overall experience with Google support.

Thanks!

Maggie

The Google Support Team

GoogleGoogle Help Center Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA

Hi Howard,

Thank you for contacting Google!

My name is Mac. I understand you wanted to redeem a gift card. I know this is very important to you and I'm here to help.

I hope you´re doing good today.

We apologize for the delay of our response and we appreciate your continued patience as we work on your case. Let me resolve your concern to the best of my ability.

Thank you for contacting target and I understand that they authorized your gift cards. As what my colleague mentioned the previous gift card you sent to us is not yet activated which only the store can activate it.

I can also check the status of your other gift cards but please send me the following:

A clear image of the back of the Gift Card showing the 4 corners.

The clear image of the full receipt.

Are you wanting to redeem this Gift Card to this same email address you are using to contact us? If not please contact us using the email address where you want the card to be redeemed.

Screen shots of the error message you are getting when redeeming the gift card.

Looking for ward to hear from you soon.

Thanks!

Mac

The Google Support Team

I have been very respectful and patient during this period. It is now time for Target to take the ball on this, I had purchased these cards primarily for a trip to see my grandchildren (first time in almost 2 years due to the pandemic). That opporuntity has come and gone. I did something else.

However, at this point I am still out $250.

I live 1 minutes from my favorite Target - so I frequent it often (if that is not redundent. As a customer, no less good customer, I ask you to resolve this without my further intervention. You can do so any any of the following ways:

1. Full refund

Store credit

New Gift Cards

4. Properly authorize the ones I have - yet you say they are - but they say they are not

my email address is hdl@***.edu - where I am vice president

my work phone is 973 200 ****

my cell is 917 674 ****

I look forward to hearing from you

Howard Leslie