This is the second time I have gone to Target and the price on the shelf does not match what rings up on the register. Of course the shelf price is lower and its ringing higher on the register.

And all the manager can say is I apologize and it is a vendor error. I don't think all their vendors stock their shelves. I do not see any customer service in this store.

The holidays are coming and they better get on the ball with their prices. So everyone, please check your receipts before you leave the store........so you don't have to make extra trip in to get your refund/price adjustment.......waste of my time.......

Comments

#1520745

Why doesn't the BBB check this out, and do something about it? They are about as worthless as the FCC has become!

Franklin, Massachusetts, United States #1245882

This has happened to me at Target on many occasions!! I have told them about it and they don't really seem to care. They (employees) just makes some lame excuse.

This happens to me every time I go into the store. I have started to take photos of the shelf price now to prove that they are not the same as the register price.

I am beginning to think that this is NOT an accident.

I heard that a Target store in California was fined two million dollars for doing this.

Everyone should watch every item that is rung up and don't let it go! I find that the cashiers will readily give you the shelf price, as if they know.

Quote=”hello?”

“This is what is wrong with Target: "team members" who seem to think the "guest" is always wrong.”

That’s a very naïve view. Guests in any retail situation are neither ‘right’ nor ‘wrong’ all of the time. A better position to take that “the customer is always the customer”, and treat them with respect.

Quote=”hello?”

“If the prices on the shelf are incorrect, the store needs to fix them.”

If you have any experience in retail sales, in particular Target (and I think you do), you will already know that there are checks and balances to correct price signs and promptly implement revisions. These are full time jobs done day in and day out.

Quote=”hello?”

“That is part of their job.”

Who’s job exactly?

Quote=”hello?”

“It would not be an entire team's job to print labels M-F to place on shelves for the changes in prices downloaded.”

“Plano” teams are trained to do their work, and except for human errors, it is performed well. At the end of the day the guest must pass through a POS terminal, and prices are generated from the store’s database after scanning the item DCPI. If the guest thinks there is an error the TM can be proactive to fix it. In my experience the problem is most likely to be expired TPCs (Temporary Price Cut) signs, or items on wrong shelves or pegs. If the guest has found an error I give them an override for the lowest price point. Treating the guest with respect is just good business (even the ones that ‘dis’ the TMs).

Quote=” hello?”

“This is your response to lack of customer service? You wonder why there are complaints on pissedconsumer.com for Target?”

If you’re going to quote another poster quote both sides of the dialog! Thus:

Quote=”waste of my time”

“I do not see any customer service in this store.”

Quote = “May I Help You Find Something?”

“You must be blind… All Target stores have a guest Services counter near the entrance.”

How could anyone not see the Guest Services counter in a Target store?

Quote=”waste of my time”

“This is the second time I have gone to Target and the price on the shelf does not match what rings up on the register. Of course the shelf price is lower and its (sic) ringing higher on the register.”

What is the item? Do you have the DCPI number for the item?

Quote=”waste of my time”

“And all the manager can say is I apologize and it is a vendor error.”

What did/do you expect the manager to do or say?

Quote=”waste of my time”

“I don't think all their vendors stock their shelves.”

Correct. Some areas of the store are vendor served, mainly perishables in Market. Magazines are served by a frequent visitor as are certain in store displays and up keep of demo equipment (such as video game systems).

Quote=”waste of my time”

“I do not see any customer service in this store.”

Quote=”waste of my time”

“The holidays are coming and they better get on the ball with their prices.”

Good point! In fact most stores (not just Target Corp.) are currently hiring seasonal workers. Have you applied yet?

Quote=”waste of my time”

“So everyone, please check your receipts before you leave the store........so you don't have to make extra trip in to get your refund/price adjustment....”

Good advice!