I went to the target store in Chula Vista california. I had just left a Frye's store that had a DVD blue ray I wanted on sale for $21.99 but it was sold out.

I went to Target who had dvd in stock but wanted $29.99 for it. I was told they price matched. I went to customer service and asked them to confirm that the movie was on sale at the other store and to match the price. I was told that I had to bring that store's ad paper.

Comments

In addition to everyone else's comments, MOST retail stores price match policy also states that the store with the cheaper price must also have that item in stock.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #179995

If the child is too lazy to get a flyer then she does not deserve the price match.

I work in retail and got to say your complaint is a joke.

Your one of those guests that likes to *** about everything to get the price you want.

Fu*cker!

I had the same issue with a Sony Reader. I had a picture of the item for $150 at Fry's (it is $170 at Target) and they refused to price match. This is not normal policy at most stores, mot stores call to confirm.

what is with you people complaining about everything. any store that does a price match has a policy like this...

and target has been doing this since last summer. you have to take in the entire ad from whatever store you saw the item in.

She didn't say that she expected Target to take her word for it, she asked them if they could call and verify the price, which I think is reasonable. Walmart has actually done this for me, but I think it's not in their official policy. It is however, good customer service.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #140943

This is a policy in any store, you have to bring the flyer. I can go to Target and claim that something sold at their store for $3.99 is sold at Wal-mart for $2.99 and lie about it to get it for $2.99.

You need the flyer. In this day and age you need proof.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #140334

Another child who does not understand the reason for rules. I know you are a kid so let me explain this nicely as I can.

There are bad people in the world. People who would lie and take advantage of the price match program so that is why you need a flyer.

They can't take everyone's word. Next time don't be lazy and bring the flyer.

The two other posters told you most of the policy, but you should also know if the other store is out of said item, Target can refuse to price match as well.

So before you complain, realize that price-matching isn't something they are required to do, be thankful for deals when you can get them within the rules

That is normal price matching policy for any store. It's stated right in Target's policy that you have to bring in the ad. Don't complain because you don't want to follow the rules.

Quote=”Honeybunny”

“Frye's (sic) store that had a DVD blue ray I wanted on sale for $21.99 but it was sold out. I went to Target who had dvd in stock but wanted $29.99 for it.”

There is a difference between BD (Blu-Ray) disks and DVD (Digital Versatile Disks). Generally, the BD is about 30% more costly, although prices are falling. Did you mean to say that both Fry’s and Target had the same item for difference prices?

In a free market system retailers can set their own prices. As a consumer you have a simple choice. Buy the disk at the higher price now, or try to find a better deal (assuming that a lower priced disk is in stock at another retailer).

Quote=”Honeybunny”

“I was told they price matched. I went to customer service and asked them to confirm that the movie was on sale at the other store and to match the price. I was told that I had to bring that store's ad paper.”

Correct. This is the Target store policy. If you challenge a Target store’s prices you must back it up with a copy of the other store’s print ad. (Plus, the other store has to be local and exist as a real “bricks and mortar” store, not just an on-line one). These are very simple rules for anyone to follow.

Quote=”Honeybunny”

“(I) Requested they simply call the store for good customer service and they refused to call. Stated if I wanted the price I would bring them the ad. They got to keep their movie.”

What is your complaint exactly? The Target store did the right thing and followed the rules, but you’re upset because they didn’t bend those same rules for you? If you really wanted to pay the competitor’s price for the same product from Target, why not bring a copy of the competitor’s ad to Target? I’m sure you would have left with the movie and some dollars in your pocket.