I came to the U.S. to visit my mom for two weeks, While in los angeles I got sick withflu I went to target on firestone in south gate CA and tried to gee some cough sumedicine when the cashier asked me for my ID I showed her of course my home country ID because Im not a U.S.

resident I just came to visit my mom. The cashier did not accepted my ID and instead of trying to do something like calling the manager to check for my age she told me that she cant accept my ID I dont know if she is racist or the store itself teach the workers to be racists. I understand if that is a store policy but not trying to at least help in another way is something I cant believe. Its like you are allowed to como a visit your relatives but you are not allowed to get sick.

Somehing very sad in a country where people comes from any place of the world. And for my experience i will not visit that place never what a poor trained people

Product or Service Mentioned: Target Manager.

Comments

I work in electronics but anything that you need to be 16+ to buy, you need an ID for, the cashier should have asked you for a birth date and called a manager to clear it through the system. We aren't racist.

It isn't even us carding you. The system does that and we have no choice but to do it or else you cannot check out.

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States #608059

Target always asks for ID when purchasing cold medicine and even rated M video games and lighters. It is what it is.

Gotta deal with it.

If you don't have an ID, the cashier asks for your birth date and calls a manager over to override it, no questions asked. So yeah it definitely isn't anything to do with race.

Biloxi, Mississippi, United States #603144

It was your great misfortune to go to Target in search of medication that would help you during your sickness. Target has employees and managers who have no concern with the public's well being.

You probably should have seen a medical doctor at a walk-in clinic who could have treated the flu, but being a visitor to our country, you would have no way to know this.

Your mother should have suggested that option to you.

On behalf of myself and others who have had the blessings of traveling overseas, I am sorry that you had such a bad experience in our country.

Should you visit again or even stay in our country, please take some advice - NEVER SHOP AT TARGET. They only care about taking your money.

Racism has nothing to do with it. It has to do with what is an acceptable form of ID and what isn't. Stop playing the race card, it's pretty disgusting.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #602541

If you were sick, why didn't your mother go and get your cough medicine? If you had the flu you were spreading it around by going in a store, yourself.