I have had a very upsetting experience at The Sun Prairie, WI Target store

I had a return that had been a gift that did not fit. My Mother maid the purchase on 10/27/2009.

She gave it to me for my Birthday in November. The week of Thanksgiving My Mother went into a coma Due to PSP. My Dad had no Idea ware my Mom had put the receipt until she returned home last week. He mailed the receipt to me.

I went to Make the return today 2/6/2010. I had not really paid attention to the date. I just new I had the receipt in hand

and my Mother had paid $29.99 + Tax in Cash. They told the best they could do for me was $17.00 back on a gift card.

I would not have had a problem with a gift card for the amount that was paid $29.99 on the receipt. They maid a call and did not give much effort to help. I do not feel that it is right to give people only 90 day's to return an item that was paid for with cash and you have a receipt to prove the purchase. I had spent almost $200.00 the other at Target, I feel that I should return all the items.

I could get the same items at Wal-mart or Toy's R us for my Day Care business.

Therefore I feel that Target needs to rethink the 90 day return policy. I hope this will help others that have been given the run around in regards to returns.

Review about: Target Gift Card.

Comments

Most stores only give you 30 days. Heck some are only 7 days.

The fact that you took more than 3 MONTHS to get it to the store is not really Target's problem. Your mother should have sent you a gift receipt when she sent you the item.

If everyone could return anything anytime all retailers would go out of business. Time to take personal responsibilities.

What is a store going to do with a shirt that is probably off the shelf. Eat the entire cost - that is what.

Quote=”Cksutton5”

“I have had a very upsetting experience at The Sun Prairie, WI Target store”

Really?!? Because you didn’t get what you wanted? Or, because none of the TMs would bend the rules for you?

Quote=”Cksutton5”

“My Mother maid the purchase on 10/27/2009. She gave it to me for my Birthday in November.”

Your mother has a “maid”? If you have domestic staff why are you wasting your time in a retail store? Did you mean to say “made” instead of “maid”?

Quote=”Cksutton5”

“They told (sic) the best they could do for me was $17.00 back on a gift card. I would not have had a problem with a gift card for the amount that was paid $29.99 on the receipt.”

You were very lucky to get anything back as you did not follow the store policy on returns. Like it or not, you and your mother (or your mother’s maid) agreed to those terms when you made a purchase in a Target store.

Quote=”Cksutton5”

“I do not feel that it is right to give people only 90 day's to return an item that was paid for with cash and you have a receipt to prove the purchase.”

So what would you consider “right”? Please share your views on how you would run the guest services department in Target (or any other retail store).

Quote=”Cksutton5”

“I had spent almost $200.00 the other (sic) at Target, I feel that I should return all the items.”

Then do so. I’m sure you will feel better afterwards. It will have zero effect on the local store or the corporation. While you are welcome to shop in Target stores you have to decide for yourself if you are comfortable doing so. There are other retailers that are as hungry as Target for your business. Give them a try.

Quote=”Cksutton5”

“I could get the same items at Wal-mart or Toy's R us for my Day Care business.”

If you are shopping for a business you need to consider the value of your time and the lost opportunity cost of doing a return and re-shop trip. This is going to cost you (and your business) a lot more that the face value of the items you are returning out of spite because you didn’t get your own way at the guest services counter. Think about it!

90 days is a very generous return period, you were lucky they'd be willing to give you 17 back vs nothing at all. No matter the circumstances, it's only fair to enforce the same guidlines for everyone.

Hameenlinna, Southern Finland, Finland #112422

WOULD 20 YEARS BE LONG ENOUGH FOR YOU ***!!!!!!!!!

Hameenlinna, Southern Finland, Finland #112420

WHAT DO YOU WANT ***????????? WOULD 20 YEARS BE LONG ENOUGH FOR YOU??????