Canton, Illinois

Following is the email I sent concerning an incident I experienced at one of your stores. and then the automated response I received all I can say is what a joke.

ON Dec. 5th I was making a trip to Indianapolis and was excited to see that this store had in stock a game that I had been looking for The Pie Face game. After making a special trip to this store I found that they still had 3 in stock well with 6 grandkids wanting this game I decided to purchase all 3 along with several other items from this store. After finishing the rest of my shopping I headed to the checkout this is where the problem begins. A young man told me that I could not purchase all the games that I could only get 1. I ask where is this posted and I was told that it wasn't but it is the policy. At this moment a young lady came up saying she was the manager I believe her name was Sara.She also said that the game was limited to 1 per a guest. I again ask where is it posted again I was told it wasn't it is just policy on items that are a hot item. Finally after more conversation she informed me that she would call customer relations so I could talk to them During my 10 minute wait she had come back and taken the game to give the sku number to the person on the phone. When I finally got to speak to the representative she apologized and said yes that I could only purchase 1 game. Again I ask why is this not posted and also is this company wide I was informed that it is on a store by store decision at this time but it could change. I said fine I will purchase 1 go out and come back in a purchase again . I was told no I couldn't do that either. I don't know about Target but once a customer makes a purchase walks out the door and comes back in they become a new customer. After the rudeness and unprofessional actions of this store manager I decided that I would not purchase these games or anything else in my cart and just left and not on a good note. If you are going to put a limit on an item then it should be posted not only at the store it also should be posted on the website. If this had been done I would have had no problem.

If this is the training your company gives your employees I believe you are doing unjust to your customers. I have shopped many years at Target but will tell you that it will be a long time before I ever step into another target and will make sure pass this experience on to my family and friends.

I do not wish to speak to the manager if it is who she said she was.

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are truly sorry for the experience you’ve had with Target. We take situations that disappoint our guests very seriously.

We know how important it is for you to receive the great service you expect from Target, and I've shared your comments with the right team in order to make our stores, merchandise and services better.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Sincerely,

Smita

Target Guest Relations

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of target manager. Target needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned target manager in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Target.

Comments