Target of Vacaville, Ca. asks for proof of age when purchasing adult beverages even of customer who is visually a senior citizen. California law, I believe, only requires proof of age if there is a doubt of the age of the customer.

Target Line Supervisor says it is company policy to ask for proof of age no matter how old someone is. When that supervisor is asked to talk to the manager, the manager, as usual, is not in the store.

This policy is degrading and embarrassing to anyone who is, even to the most casual observer, well above the age of majority.

Review about: Target Manager.

Comments

It about way more then wanting you birth date. they want to know everything you buy.

they want to market things directly to you that you want. They want to get all your sales.

The want your family information they want all your data they will sell it to other companies for a profit any way then can make a BUCK off of you and your information they will.

sessa
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States #749347

I can't for the life of me figure out how showing your id is degrading or embarrasing. It's Target policy to collect a birth date with every alcohol purchase, it's all about covering their a$$ and not something the cashier has any control over.

It's very simple actually, anyone who doesn't agree with the policy is free to purchase their alcohol elsewhere. Your welcome.

"California law, I believe, only requires proof of age if there is a doubt of the age of the customer."

Please cite the law you're referring to.

It's not that much work to show your ID. Stop acting like the world owes you something and rules don't apply to you.

Laziness or don't have your I.D. And really, if it's the latter, then by golly, I hope a cop pulls you over!

As for requirement...whose rules am I going to follow, the manager who holds my job or the customer who does not?

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #748961

Is it that much of an effort to show your ID?

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #748942

The policy of asking everyone is also to prevent. Age discrimination Be flattered you don't look your age

Their policy is to ask everyone....believe me, nobody would mistake me for under 30. I just show my ID, problem solved.

I agree with you anonymous just show the ID, but on the other hand if the cashier cannot tell the difference between someone 20 and a senior citizen there is more problems than just not showing the ID.

Just show your ID, no need to make a production out of it. I do this all the time. It's not degrading nor embarassing, unless you act like a 5 year old and make a big scene.