Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Feb 17, 2021

February 17, 2021

Re: Case #10001****

To Whom It May Concern,

Since early January, I visited the website sometimes as many as 40 times a day to get lucky enough to secure a Playstation 5 Disk Console. Early this morning, I visited Target.com and finally was able to order a Playstation 5 disk version after over 1,000 attempts in 6 weeks.

Your system allowed me to put a unit in my cart and invited me to the checkout. Since I already have a Target account and registered credit card information, all I needed to do is provide the security code which I did. I was then informed by the website that same day delivery was not available and to choose another option. That was fine with me because I didnt want it delivered, I wanted store pickup.

When I switched to the store pickup, even though I had the Playstation in my cart, your system removed the Playstation from my cart and sent me a message that the in-store pickup option was sold out. This is simply wrong and I want this corrected!

I called your customer support line and the initial CSR transferred me to your level 2 support team. The level 2 representative was very professional and courteous but she informed me since the units were sold out there was nothing she could do. I asked for the case to be escalated.

She then put me on hold and talked with her supervisors. She returned to inform me she petitioned her supervisors and nothing could be done. And perhaps that is an even more egregious issue.

You see when a company website has problems and crashes due to high volumes, that is one thing. When, in a case like mine where there is not a satisfactory remedy to make the customer whole, that becomes a more serious issue.

Once a customer has a product in their cart, there should be a time limit afforded the customer to complete the transaction.

In my case the unit was IN THE CART, all delivery and payment information were provided including the credit card security code, and the whole process took less than a minute!!! Your system defaulted to same day delivery and crashed when I tried to change to in-store pickup. The product should have remained in my cart!!!

I have been a long-term customer of Target along with my family. But I can promise I will avoid ANY further purchases unless this wrong is corrected and I am made whole.

Your level 2 representative should have had the authority to reserve another unit somewhere in your system or at the very least, put my order back in for the first available unit. Without such authority I wonder why you have a level 2 CSR at all.

In the future, you should give the customer a time limit to secure a product without it being subject to Bot-theft or another customer being able to steal it. And if all goes wrong as in what happened to me today, there should be a level 2 or level 3 representative who will make a wrong a right and save a customer. You are giving your customers NO PROTECTION against bots, hackers, scalpers from taking what should have been mine.

This needs to be corrected!

I am hopeful for an amicable remedy here and for your department to do the right thing. The next available Playstation 5 disk version should be reserved for me.

Regards,

Joe Riccardi

User's recommendation: For High In-Demand Products, order from another retailer!

Location: Johnson City, Tennessee