I have been getting several of my prescriptions filled at Target for over two years. Two days ago I went to get one of them filled. The drug is a controlled substance so I have to get a new prescripton every month from my doctor so she gives me two at a time and when one runs out then I have the next prescription. So for this SAME DRUG and the PRESCRIPTION EXACTLY THE WAY IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN for over two years, when I dropped it off to be filled while I bought groceries I asked if they had a suffiient quantity on hand and was told yes. So I was getting groceries when they called my name over the P.A. and this different pharmacist who I later learned (Crystal is her name) is actually the supervisor of this Target pharmacy. But she told me she could not fill the scrip because my doctor wrote it wrong. Then she started on about tablets and capsules and blah blah. Anyway I said well then please call the doctor and she said "I Can't" (I won't would be more accurate). So basically she tells me she won't fill this drug that I have gotten there for over two years and she won't call to get her question answered. I abandoned a cart full of groceries and left. I went to another totally different pharmacy (not Target), gave them the scrip and they filled it within 15 minutes with no hassel. So obviously Target filled it before and then this other pharmacy filled it but Crystal the supervisor refused (she kept saying IT'S AGAINST THE LAW (for me to fill it). I had just gotten electrical/phone service restored to my house after it was out almost 2 days due to a storm and really didn't need the additional hassle or the annoyance. I was so furious I never even thought to point out that if it was breaking the law then Target had been breaking it every month for 2 years.

I called two days later and talked to another pharmacist and he got out all my old scrips and apologized and said he saw what the problem was the doctor wrote it for tablets but the drug name (not generic) came in capsules. It seems the capsules are timed release. Based on this other pharmacist REASONING POWER he was able to figure out, as every pharmacist had before, that it was indeed supposed to be tablets as written and not capsules and he knew that because the scrip of mine is for 7 pills a day throughout the day and it wouldn't be written with timed release capsules as it would be an overdose. PLus he said if he had questions he would just call the doctor. I said I asked Crystal to and she flat out REFUSED to call the doctor. So she (this supervisor, no less) couldn't figure out what everyone else managed to figure out previously and she wouldn't call my doctor, in essence leaving me without my prescription.

I WILL NEVER EVER fill one more prescription at Target if that is the mentality of their supervisor. This older pharmacist I talked to said he was going to take it upon himself to move it up a level to Crystal's supervisor so they know the kind of unacceptable behavior, rudeness and unresponsiveness to my requests that they can expect from this "Supervisor" who is apparently young and "upwardly mobile" despite the fact that she doesn't know what she's doing. Target apparently advances not the people with the knowledge but the Young and Up and Coming.

Give me the tried and true experienced every time and save me from Supervisors (who don't deserve to be) every time.

Comments

Dearborn, Michigan, United States #1267971

It is not the job of a pharmacist to contact your doctor and, as others have pointed out, it IS illegal to dispense controlled substances if the Rx is written incorrectly, regardless of if they had been doing it for years before. Get off of your high horse and be upset at your doctor, not the single Target pharmacist that was obeying the law.

I just had this experience today I want to know how to contact someone higher than the instore pharmacist.

It is very important that your doctor write the prescription correctly. My dr's office now prints them out on the computer and signs them so their is no issues with poor handwriting and errors on either side dr or pharmacist.

Overland Park, Kansas, United States #653674

It is very illegal to fill a c2 prescription if the rx is not written correctly. And yes, cap vs tab is a big difference.

Your previous history with them is meaningless as all prescriptions have to be treated as individuals. If your rx was later filled in the way you claim, that pharmacist broke the law.

No pharmacist should be expected to risk their career and jail time to save you 'aggrivation'. Act like a grown up.

to Matt New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #653698

LadyScot?

Simon?

That Sears Guy?

So Sad?

Stand up and identify yourself, uh...yeah right: MATT!!!

to Matt Annapolis, Maryland, United States #668394

Your ignoring the fact that doctors are not offered training on prescription writing as often as we are as Pharmisiscts. Therefore the mistake is made by the doctors not the patients.

Our job is to act as a guardian and advocate for the patient. We are here to help , and protect. We should help patients with a legal prescription get there medicatition. ESPECIALLY due to the fact they are focred to wait to the very day they need it, offering them no time to fix it without suffering serous pain not an simply "aggravation".

If there doctor has prescribed these for severe pain we should do all in out power to confirm with their doctor and find a solution. They should be treated like any other customer and we should not criminalize those who attempt to fill prescriptions legally due to human error on the doctors part.

NUMBER one it is not the pharmacist job to call your doctor.If your doctor made a mistake on the prescription who's fault is that?Of course the BLAME lies with your doctor.You had better make sure,Your doctor does not make an error on what he or she is prescribing you.Next time you need to pay attention to your prescription yourself instead of running off to the drug store for "Your Drug's.***.You have a lot of nerve.Can you READ?

Naples, Florida, United States #617338

It IS against the law to fill a controlled substance that is written incorrectly. I am surprised the other Target did so.

If the doctor wrote for TABLETS ad they comes as CAPSULES, even though the script is meant for CAPSULES it has to be written that way. They are NOT required to call your doctor.

YOU should be be *** at him.

WHY do you think the other Target is right because you they did it for you? Just because they DID does not mean they should have, and they should NOT have.

KCSUMMER
to LadyScot #617428

They may not be REQUIRED you hateful dumb@$$ but I will believe my physician not some loser like you. The pharmacist was out of line.

And so are you because your posting history indicates that you get your rocks off by being as obnoxious as possible with things that really are none of your concern. Plus your're ***, obviously not knowledgeable of the law.

to KCSUMMER Naples, Florida, United States #653991

How about you contact the state board of pharmacy dumb *** and ask them.

to LadyScot Naples, Florida, United States #653992

Oh and read the *** law on dispensing controlled substances. I am a pharmacy tech ***. I have to know the law.

to LadyScot #617456

LadyScot - There are pills for people who let small matters get them in an emotional state that is harmful to themselves.

Why don't you ask a doctor to give you a prescription to take to Target pharmacy that will help you calm down? You have some serious anxiety over these people's complaints.

#319836

Wow!! What a druggie!

Hey, Angry PhramD, do you know how to count, how many days in one month. derrrr. get a life and your own complaint board.

Yeah.. Doing their job more like hating there jobs and that does not mean they should be taking their day out on you... if you don't like your job QUIT.

What if the tech or pharmacist or some flunky that could not make it to be either is just there to work the cashier, was in our shoe's with cancer or worse if we treated them like that they would not like it I almost feel like telling them that or if it was one of their family members.

It is none of their concern what prescription is written for the doctor has determined that it is fit for the patient; the pharmacy is not the one to determine that. As long as it is dated verified by phone and tracked, there should be no problem, yeah every pharmacy will give you hateful and immature behavior when it comes to any schedule 2 or 3 drug or any. There job is to fill the script, maybe verify by phone. That is it.

Oh yeah by the way, Talk about ignorant. I went into a local TARGET pharmacy here in Thornton, Colorado and they were so incompetent they could not realize that there are 31 days on some of the months of the year, messing with other months that don’t have many days like February for example 28 days. Just for example.

They don't know how to count days on the calendar and we are to trust them counting our meds. They told me they don’t count the day you got your last fill, they count the day after when your fill was

lol whatever don't go to TARGET, or King Soopers places were empty lol Wal-Mart stole all of their business. And wal-mart is just as bad as them. Best of luck.

to screw target Naples, Florida, United States #617339

WRONG. By FEDERAL LAW if any pharmacist feels a script is being used for any reason other than intended by law they are REQUIRED to REFUSE the fill and notify law enforcement.

KCSUMMER
to LadyScot #617430

Human law prevails which is that *** like you are NO LADY.

Boonville, New York, United States #298428

Gee Whiz, Angry Pharmacist - its also against the law to purposely interfere with / prohibit a patient's medication by being, shall we say, purposely obtuse. FYI, I talked with several other pharmacist and they all said she was being a *** and should have offered to call my physician.

You really are angry - got too much time on your hands maybe?

Don't take it personally - just learn from it and move on. :roll

to kcsummer #615901

Do yourself a favor and contact the local board of pharmacy. You will then understand WHY the pharmacist is not at liberty to correct the prescription that was incorrectly written by YOUR physician (again).

While the previous pharmacist may have known what your physician intended, they are acting outside the law in filling as such. I wouldn't want to place MY license on the line for YOUR dextroamphetamine prescription. Dexedrine regular release tablets have not been made in many years and newer pharmacists have never seen them. Crystal did nothing wrong in the eyes of the law and you won't die from missing your ADD med or from being ignorant.

Go to Walmart. They welcome your kind.

to PharmD Kansas City, Kansas, United States #617419

So this one sucky pharmacist was right and the diligent and helpful pharmacy who subsequently filled it were criminals? I don't think so. What I think is that there are some miserable people who enjoy being a pain in the *** just like you.