I purchased a Acer laptop on December 16, 2014. I noticed a week or so after Christmas. My mouse was sticking and freezing up a lot. On February 18, 2015 I called the customer service help line for Target and explained what happened. I also told them that I had purchased a additional warranty. I was told that Acer has a 1 year factory warranty. I was given the phone number to ACER and it’s been a nightmare every since. First off you are speaking to a representative with a very hard to understand accent.

In a nutshell they told me because of the recent upgrades that’s why my laptop’s mouse had issues. They did a total of 3 resets that only made matters worse. So from February 18, 2015 until March 21.

I have been going back and forth between Target and Acer. I want my money back or a exchange for another laptop. I received a voicemail from a no name rep from Target saying that Acer will fix it.

Now Acer told me that they would email me a label so I can send my laptop in. I have yet to receive it.

Also Target told me in one of many calls that if they refused to fix it that Target would handle it.

I am disappointed with Target and Acer and I will involved the media if this isn’t resolved.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments

ransom

You do understand, don't you, that Acer warranty's the item, not Target. Target has a return policy but it's 30 days for electronic items.

Here's a copy from their web site.

" All Electronics and Entertainment items must be returned within 30 days for a refund or exchange.

For these items purchased between 11/1 – 12/25, the 30-day refund period will start on 12/26. " It looks like your return date ended January 26th.