I purchased a Acer laptop on December 16, 2014. I noticed a week or so after Christmas. My mouse was sticking and freezing up a lot. On February 18, 2015 I called the customer service help line for Target and explained what happened. I also told them that I had purchased a additional warranty. I was told that Acer has a 1 year factory warranty. I was given the phone number to ACER and it’s been a nightmare every since. First off you are speaking to a representative with a very hard to understand accent.

In a nutshell they told me because of the recent upgrades that’s why my laptop’s mouse had issues. They did a total of 3 resets that only made matters worse. So from February 18, 2015 until March 21.

I have been going back and forth between Target and Acer. I want my money back or a exchange for another laptop. I received a voicemail from a no name rep from Target saying that Acer will fix it.

Now Acer told me that they would email me a label so I can send my laptop in. I have yet to receive it.

Also Target told me in one of many calls that if they refused to fix it that Target would handle it.

I am disappointed with Target and Acer and I will involved the media if this isn’t resolved.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. kgober stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of acer laptop and associated monetary loss in the amount of $160. Target needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned acer laptop in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Target.

Comments

ransom

You do understand, don't you, that Acer warranty's the item, not Target. Target has a return policy but it's 30 days for electronic items.

Here's a copy from their web site.

" All Electronics and Entertainment items must be returned within 30 days for a refund or exchange.

For these items purchased between 11/1 – 12/25, the 30-day refund period will start on 12/26. " It looks like your return date ended January 26th.