Online Target indicated a DVD was available in Coon Rapids, MN store. Upon arrival, the DVD is not there...a month later, the same item still appears as available. Can I bill Target for gasoline and loosing 1.5 hours of my time - since they have no way to keep their inventory accurate?

Product or Service Mentioned: Target Website.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 16.

Comments

No, you cannot bill Target for the gas YOU wasted. Retail 101: If an item online shows a very low quantity, let's say 1 or 2, those counts are almost always incorrect.

I've worked for many retailers & it was the same at each store. Sometimes the computer system counts items that have left a warehouse & are on their way to our store, but haven't arrived yet.

And of course our systems also count store "Models" and we all know most stores don't sell the floor models. This is why a call to the store would've been better.

On your first trip did you bring it to anyone's attention? There are plenty of ways counts can get off.

Someone may have been looking at it and put it bak in the rack on the other side of the aisle, someone stole it, a different product got shipped in its place or in may be displayed on an endocarp as well.

If no one knew it was missing the computer count won't get changed. If the trip to the store is such a burden it would have been a good ideal to call the store and make sure it was there before you went.

to Anonymous #1466069

SO true! Theft is also a HUGE deal at my store that throws off our counts.