1.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Believe me, I prefer to buy my household products at a real store, but more and more I am forced to make my purchases online because it appears stores are unable to keep their products organized and in stock.

For instance... underwear. I go to the store, pick up a sheet set or something, and then make the mistake of thinking I can buy some underwear at the store, but when I visit the department most sizes of just about everything are missing. There are six empty racks and maybe 2 sets of t-shirts dangling off a display peg.

Does Target order shipments of underwear only once a decade? Are we experiencing the great underwear shortage of 2016? Needless to say, the area is a total mess, opened products dangling off shelves and on the floor. All I can do is leave in disgust and order online when I get home. Seriously!

This reviewer shared experience about "stock, product display (or lack of)" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $11. The author is overall dissatisfied with Target. The most disappointing about underwear from Target was lack of stock and empty shelves , but reviewer liked no much. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Target.

Comments

Downey, California, United States #1245989

Stop making such a big deal. You could always ask an employee to look in the back.

Also there are a lot of people who come in open underwear packages and then leave them, employees then have to take those open packages to be salvaged cause no customer would buy them and results in loss of sales.

You would be amazed at how much people come in and ruin underwear packages. Do not blame the store for something customers do.

South Windsor, Connecticut, United States #1178028

As someone working at a Target for sales floor, this could equally be a problem of Target trying to run the store on a skeleton crew around the clock. Target tends to cut hours for employees this time of year, and the soft lines (clothing) area of the store is always among the messiest part of the store.

Without enough employees to keep it clean, there's only so much we can do.

Unfortunately, crappy customers will also come through and make a mess of things, and all sales floor team members can do is try as hard as we can to keep up.

As for the lack of selections, sounds like an inventory issue.

I'd say ask for management and see if there's an issue, or contact corporate. Most team members have a PDA and they can check to see if they have things in the back, though I can see your point that it's less of a hassle just to go on Amazon.

The difference between online retailer vs real stores. Target, for example, sells merchandise directly accessible to the working staff and the customers.

Online retailers sells merchandise directly accessible only to the working staff. Online retailers don't have to clean up after customers or worry about theft, therefore; they have a much easier time keeping track of their merchandise with accurate counts.

That and typically warehouse employees working with online retailers usually get paid more than employees working in the real stores.

Perhaps, I'm wrong, right, or just ignorant, but that's my perspective. Take it as you wish.

snugglegirl05

I would not be surprised if Target Corporate Headquarters decides the inventory for every location.

So the best thing to do is to complain to Target Corporate Headquarters.