My husband and I went in to Target in So. Cal. When we were charged the wrong price, we called for a mgr. A young man came over and treated us like dirt. I have talked to the mgr., dist. mgr., and guest relations who do not like to answer questions, return calls, listen to what you say, or give you "more for less."

Our issue is not resolved, as this young man will probably keep his job, while many other unemployed and caring individuals are out of work in our state. It's very sad.

Our problem was not resolved in any way, but it did help open up our eyes as to how they operate.

Customer service does not exist at this store and I will not shop there again.

Comments

Quote=UFTargetEmployee

“In my experiences at the big red bullseye everything is determined by a computer... a very flawed and hated computer.”

Are you a current TM? A former TM? What role do/did you play at a Target store?

Where is this “deep thought”? Where is this mythical beast that lords over humans?

Quote=UFTargetEmployee

“Target corp prides itself on it's ability to cut down loss prevention. One of the ways that loss prevention is minimized is through the use of a lot of "exact" metrics and an "accumulator" program that attempts to track every hair on every employee's head.”

Citation needed.

Quote=UFTargetEmployee

“The truth is target doesn't like it when someone manually changes a price to the lower "posted price" or returns a defective item. And long after the customer walks away from the whole thing a "team member" will more than likely be asked to recall the exact reason why they didn't hassle a customer six weeks previously.”

Again, citation needed. Have you first hand evidence that TMs are quizzed sometime after giving a guest a price mark down?

Quote=UFTargetEmployee

“I know they're only here to make money and send it to Minnesota (sic).”

As a publically traded company the financials are public record. Where do you see Target making profits beyond industry standards (for retailers)? Many Target stores operate on very slim gross margins as is normal for retail sales, where there is very little value-add.

Stores with higher prices typically burn these with higher service levels (including higher employee pay scales). Have you considered taking your Target experience and moving to more fertile employment?

Quote=UFTargetEmployee

“They really and truly treat the majority of their employees like human waste in the name of boosting corp profits, so why would you think they gave a *** about the customer?”

Citation needed. Do you have an axe to grind?

Target corp prides itself on it's ability to cut down loss prevention. One of the ways that loss prevention is minimized is through the use of a lot of "exact" metrics and an "accumulator" program that attempts to track every hair on every employee's head. The truth is target doesn't like it when someone manually changes a price to the lower "posted price" or returns a defective item. And long after the customer walks away from the whole thing a "team member" will more than likely be asked to recall the exact reason why they didn't hassle a customer six weeks previously.

So when you give me this long sob story about your merch that was incorrectly priced I simply have to ask you... Why not consider buying from a mom and pop local next time?

I work for these people and despite all their PR advertisement about how much they care I know they're only here to make money and send it to minnesota. They really and truly treat the majority of their employees like human waste in the name of boosting corp profits, so why would you think they gave a *** about the customer?

Quote = No help

"May I help you find something", by any chance do you work for Target?

Yes, I do.

Quote = No help

“I do not see what I have written as a rant, nor did I rush to go up to the hierarchy, as I had explained.”

Quote = No help

We disagree. You have taken on the task of bashing Target – why else would you bring your story here? From your own statements you have judged harshly the TMs that you spoke to, and when they didn’t give you what you wanted you went over their heads. Why on earth did you contact the DTL (District Team Leader) or Corporate, if you had already spoken to the GSTL, and LOD in the store where you had an incident?

Quote = No help

“I have been very honest and forthright in explaining what occurred to let others know. I feel that I handled the situation the best way that I could.”

But I still don’t know what your beef is! Did you or did you not buy an item? Were you or were you not charged the wrong price? Over charged, I assume as most mistakes that favor the guest are not reported.

Quote = No help

“Perhaps putting the blame on the customer is part of (your?) establishment's style. Well, I'm not buying.”

You have a very naïve view of retail sales. It’s a numbers game. Target is just better at keeping score than their competition. There are only three things you need to know to make money in the retail business: (1) Sales dollar numbers, (2) Sales volume numbers (3) Time. Think about it. If a guest is not offered “Fast, Fun, Friendly service” in a Target store they will not return. Guests expect to see a strong brand and an “In Stock store”. They don’t want to be kept waiting or be miss-lead.

Before you complain again, put on a red shirt and see the situation from the other side of the transaction. If you’re not willing to do that then just hang out at a Target store for half a day and watch and listen to how the store runs. Take a note of how clean and well stocked the shelves are, how clean and tidy the store is, and how many ‘Red Shirts’ you see at any time of the long operating hours. How long is it before a TM asks you “Can I Help You Find Something?” (Or an AP TM in uniform watches you for suspicious activity).

Now do that at Costco Warehouse, Kmart, Walmart, or your local big-box retailer. QED

Quote = No help

I have taken my business elsewhere.

Oh, that’s right! You’ve already given up on Target. Pity.

"May I help you find something", by any chance do you work for Target?

I have taken my business elsewhere. End of discussion.

Quote = No help

“We realized at the store. He would not honor the price on the items, so we did not purchase them.”

So your post here is not about a pricing error on a purchase, but a rant about how Target performed as a retailer?

Quote = No help

“Came home and spoke to the manager there who did not know the name of the supervisor (??), left a message for the DM who did not return calls, so called again after six days and the call was finally returned.”

So you have raised this issue to the District Manager? You seem very quick to run up the hierarchy…

Quote = No help

“I was expected to know the number of the item, as well as the name of the supervisor. (I was told that the mgr. of the store was on vacation.)”

Well, there are over 60,000 items in a typical Target store. It would have been very helpful to anyone trying to help you to give them details (such as the DCPI and manager’s name). All TMs wear name badges for this very reason.

Quote = No help

“Attitudes galore. Very frustrating. Finally called corporate and begged for the supervisor of the dm, but that is confidential.”

Obviously you not happy with Target’s style. What would you do differently?

There are over 2,000 stores across the USA. There are local district offices to deal with the logistics of managing over 330,000 employees and many more daily guests.

Quote = No help

“So, I was given to a Guest Services Team Leader. I got nowhere. If the supervisor that was rude gets no more complaints, nothing happens.”

So, you’re after this person, then? If that come across in any of your discussions I would expect you to produce hard data before this become a retraining for any TM involved.

Quote = No help

“I asked how many people have the time to complain, as well as, if Target has customer service. I was asked to explain what that meant.”

Yes, please explain what you mean(t).

Quote = No help

“When I did, I was told I was giving too many details. Not nice to deal with. You are asked, but when you answer, your answer does not want to be heard. No-win situation.”

Well, you’ve had you chance to complain, at the store, in the hierarchy, and here. Now, how can we help you?

Came home and spoke to the manager there who did not know the name of the supervisor (??), left a message for the DM who did not return calls, so called again after six days and the call was finally returned. I was expected to know the number of the item, as well as the name of the supervisor. (I was told that the mgr. of the store was on vacation.) Attitudes galore.

Very frustrating. Finally called corporate and begged for the supervisor of the dm, but that is confidential. So, I was given to a Guest Services Team Leader. I got nowhere.

If the supervisor that was rude gets no more complaints, nothing happens. I asked how many people have the time to complain, as well as, if Target has customer service. I was asked to explain what that meant. When I did, I was told I was giving too many details.

No-win situation. :?

Quote No one will help at Target

"Last ended up speaking to a Guest Services Team Leader who asked me questions that I had already answered."

Just to clarify, the GSTL asked you the questions more than once? Or, the GSTL repeated questions that you answered to another Team Member earlier?

The GSTL is trained to hear both sides of a dispute, in person, and directly from each party. It might be tedious, but it is your chance to get your side of the story out.

Stories change frequently, more so when the guest is not truthful. (Which happens a lot more than anyone outside the retail business would realise).

Last ended up speaking to a Guest Services Team Leader who asked me questions that I had already answered. When I tried to explain, I was told that I was giving too many details.

At that point, I gave up, and have decided not to shop there any more. :zzz Too stressful!

Quote = “Nohelp “

When we were charged the wrong price, we called for a mgr. A young man came over and treated us like dirt. I have talked to the mgr., dist. mgr., and guest relations who do not like to answer questions, return calls, listen to what you say, or give you "more for less."”

When did you discover the error? In the store or later? Do you have the receipt for the transaction with the error? Did you return to the store (if you had already left)? Whoi did you talk to in the store where the error was made? Did you ask to speak to the GSTL

(Guest Services Team Leader)?