I honestly could not believe it when I read that Target was going to gender neutral signage in their stores. Seriously, where does it end?
* gender neutral dressing rooms?
* gender neutral restrooms?
* no more dolls for sale because they might offend a little girl who only wants to play with cars?
* no more cars for sale because they might offend a little boy who only wants to play with dolls?
* what if I am offended by the color red because it reminds me of blood?
* should you put all of the clothing together in one huge department, all mixed up together because you don't want to insinuate that some clothes are for girls and some for boys and some for adults?
* what about people who don't celebrate Halloween? Would you stop selling Halloween decor for fear of offending those people?
* the same thing can be said for Christmas or Easter or Hannukah or any other holiday for that matter?
* men's and women's watches all mixed together because you don't want to offend anyone with gender grouping?
* maybe you should stop separating clothing by size because you might make an overweight person feel bad because their shirt is bigger than one that is a lesser size?
* along those same lines, maybe you should just get rid of sizes on clothing and shoes? Size neutral?
This is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard from a major corporation. Take a stand and say no more! Or you will lose more business.
Reason of review: Gender neutral policy.
I liked: Convenience.
I didn't like: Policy.