YOU HAVE LOSS THIS FAMILIES BUSINESS AND I WILL REDIRECT ALL OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS- HAVE BEEN SHOPPING WITH TARGET FOR YEARS AND TODAY YOU BLEW IT!!

Trainer Tyler one of Bangor Maine "TARGET EMPLOYEE" today during checkout with my wife and 15 year old son stated to my wife "boy that's allot of candy.."

1st off it what type of simple comment is that to a female. 2nd whose business is it how many I purchase.

It was simple, uneducated, rude, ignorant, irreverent and invasive of our privacy for any business employee to remark and state that type of comment to anyone regardless even though it is a month before Halloween/

We had 4 packages of 2 flavors of $2.79 candy corn for a total of eight packages. A few of the packs were for my wife's candy dish at her work.

I told him boy they sell for $6.50 on ebay. At that point he became offensive and asked if I was buying it here or selling it and told me he would not sell them to me and it was illegal for me to purchase them and resell and pulled them off the counter and put them under the register. I said are you kidding me? then said forget it I don't to give target the money and I don't want them.

Sorry target but you don't tell me what I can buy and then try and tell me what I can do with it -- But don't worry as You will never again as I (or my family and as many friends as I can tell both personally and socially online) WILL NOT SHOP WITH TARGET AGAIN AND WILL SPREAD THE WORD!!!

He had an attitude probably because he was busy as we were in line for quite a while and he was extremely rude and told me how he went through training 6 months ago and would not sell them to me and grabbed them all off the register. He stated that it was illegal for me to buy them if I was going to resell them on ebay. What is he talking about????

TARGET NEEDS TO TRAIN THIS EMPLOYEE ON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RE-EDUCATE IN COMMON SENSE AND MAINE LAWS IN WHICH IS LEGAL AND ILLEGAL.

We had two more packages in which he sternly questioned my wife about them. We had to argue with him that they were for us. I questioned him about their rule and tried to educate him that it's not illegal to resell an item that I have legitimately purchased. Once I purchase something at retail it is mine to do with as I choose. I can shred it sell it or give it away. He said he went to training and told me it was illegal and to call the state of Maine.

Target needs to at least educate this employee about in the U.S., the "first sale doctrine" provides that the purchaser can resell that tangible item if he/she decides.

At this point I was peeved and wanted to return everything (and still may) but my wife didn't wan't to be belittled and embarrassed any further by Targets Trainer Tyker as there were plenty of other customers all around us that saw and heard making us feel like a felon. She paid cash and we left the register. I was still steaming and we went to the in store starbucks.

Then the worse part comes, while waiting for our coffee this same employee didn't realize my son standing off to the side and saw that I was away from hearing. My son was within hearing distance and over heard him saying to two other employees talking about me how I was buying candy corn to resell on ebay and how he wouldn't sell to me and I was asking why also he was pointing over at me. He is lucky I didn't see him as I would have confronted him in person as I do not like slander spread about me behind my back/ I do not feel this was professional and also ignorant.

This part was told to me in the car by my son and wife as we were leaving & luckily I was out of the store for his sake.

I // MY FAMILY WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS AND WOULD LIKE CORPORATE TO CONTACT WITH WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO TO RECTIFY THIS !!!!

Not to mention when my wife went into the ladies room on this same visit it was disgustingly filthy, trash overfull then top off with no toilet paper -- I will no longer recommend anyone there after many, many years of faithful shopping with Target --!!

Over a ten dollar sale -- I will be returning the items we bought today as well and never give target another penny.

Is this legal for them to do to a customer???

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. This person is overall dissatisfied with Target. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Target.

Comments

Shaggsloco22
Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1222128

Oh, boo hoo you're feelings got hurt. Target isn't going to do anything to rectify what happened...

Probably because you weren't using the Red card. Quit crying, pull up your panties, and move on.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1214701

I believe the cashier was just trying to be nice and make small talk. All you had to do was either not respond, nod your head, say yup/nope/what's it to you, and move on with your purchase.

You're nasty response provoked the response you got. Put on your big boy pants, boy.

How's it feel? Be a nicer human, point blank.

snugglegirl05
Houston, Texas, United States #1213106

This complaint is too long to read.

What is with the shouting in all caps?