I have had way to many problems with target to even count. First off about 3 years ago I bought my daughter a karoke machine for 99.99 for christmas.

The thing only worked for 2 weeks, but by the time I got back to return it, I'd missed the 30 electronics return policy by 2 days. So I wasted $100 for 2 weeks. I was pissed and vowed to never shop there again. But then years later a friend was registered there and little by little I started shopping there again.

But after buying a t-shirt dress that I didnt bother to try on (silly me)but was going to wear the very next day to a bridal shower. So I had just gotten out of the shower and was getting ready to go to this bridal shower, I took the tags off and slipped it on. It was very comfortable, I thought I would really wear it today, but after finishing getting ready, I went to look in my full length mirror and was horrified at how bad the dress looked on me. So I took it off right away and thought I'll just return it I mean I only had it on a total of 10 min maybe.

About a week later I returned it to Target, I had the receipt but the tags were off of it. The customer serv rep told me to go search and find another just like it. After searching the sales floor for about 15 min I couldn't find anymore, so I went back to tell her and she said she couldn't take it back because it was unsellable to them as I had left a very very slight mark of deodorant on it, in the 10 min I had it on. I explained to her that I never wore it and that I had tried it on and that's how it must have gotten there.

You know how many times I've gone to various stores and tried things on in the dressing room only to find deodorant or make up on that garment? ALOT!

I just felt like that was a really hokey excuse! And I took the dress and receipt back and VOWED I WILL NEVER EVER SHOP AT TARGET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

"I explained to her that I never wore it and that I had tried it on and that's how it must have gotten there."

Guess what? When you "Tried it on" you wore it!!

Your sentence totally contradicts it's self... You should also have not waited til the last minute to buy a dress that you weren't even sure would fit or look good.

Quote=”Heather”

DATED RECEIPTS MEAN NOTHING TO TARGET! I purchased 3 books from Target. I decided I did not want to keep the books and took them back to the store with the receipt. Unfortunately, the receipt's fading ink made it difficult for the clerk to scan the receipt as a couple of the transaction numbers and a couple of bars were missing; however the address of the store, date of purchase, expiration date of the receipt, items and item numbers, total and payment method were all clearly seen on the receipt.”

This is unfortunate. Target (like many other stores) uses thermal printers at the POS (Point Of Sale) terminals. Heat will damage the images.

Quote=”Heather”

“Since the clerk could not scan it in, I was not given a refund.”

How did you pay for the purchase? Cash, Check, or Plastic? If you paid by cash you are out of luck, if you paid by electronic transfer you can present the card to GS (Guest Services) and let them pull up your transaction from the server.

Quote=”Heather”

“If having a "scannable" receipt is part of the return process, Target may want to 1) put that clearly in their Return Policy and 2) Use a more durable ink for their receipts. It's not the first time I've had a faded receipt, but it will be the last time because I will NEVER shop at Target again.”

Agreed, the return policy requires that you can present a receipt, not a defective one. There is no ‘ink’ in the system, the printers are thermal (which is why Target’s POS transactions are faster than other stores who use impact ink printers).

If you have had issues with faded receipts in the past why do you not learn from the problem and take better care of your new receipts? How you behave after you leave the store isn’t a Target problem, is it?

Quote=”Heather”

“By the way, this receipt did not get wet or damaged in any way. It remained in my wallet until I attempted the return. Target receipts are the only ones that fade in my wallet.”

So you already know that Target receipts can’t be left in your wallet.

“Shame on Target!”

Yes, that right! Shame on Target or others for any other minor inconvenience in your life. Luckily you can do your shopping at another retailer. You won't be missed!

Since the clerk could not scan it in, I was not given a refund.

Now, as a customer, I feel I have met all the requirements of Targets Return policy: Items in new condition and original receipt that shows the purchase was made within 90 days. I specifically stated this to the clerk, store manager, and at least 4 people on the phone at customer relations (including a supervisor). They all said the same thing,"Unfortunately, if she can not scan the receipt, we can not give you a refund. Even if all the information can be read."

By the way, this receipt did not get wet or damaged in any way. It remained in my wallet until I attempted the return. Target receipts are the only ones that fade in my wallet. I have Walmart receipts that are over a year old and still look new. Shame on Target!

returning something is not a right. we are not telling u too come into target an shop.

an returning items the return policy says a reciept dated within the past 90 days NEW AND UNUSED.

how in your right mind to u think we can resell nasty clothes u have tried on???n an the karoke machine there is more to that story because u have 90 days u might not have had the reciept or no box or u paid cash an we couldn't look it up. so just do us all a favor an stop coming into target.

Quote = “target employee”

“()even for us employees that are aware of this and are very careful often go home sick after eating merchandise we bought at target”

May I suggest that you don’t buy or eat what you don’t trust as safe? There are bound to be other vendors in your locale (and within your budget) that would welcome your business.

i actually still work at target as far as i know and the reason i wouldnt shop there is because the have no quality control most thier food product is out dated and gone bad even for us employees that are aware of this and are very careful often go home sick after eating merchandise we bought at target

agrees with dee and katie that guy "may" really is a *** its easy to see why he has no life and lives online

"May" as a fellow retail worker (I'm a department head, but I started out as a cashier and frequently back-up cashier) I completely get where you are coming from. And I completely agree with you. Is it that terribly hard to read the return policy on the back of the receipt?

"Never" if you're having so many problems with Target, why do you continue shopping there, albeit for small things. Better yet, you could try on the merchandise before you leave the store.

"HL" I, myself, do not like trying on clothes in the store. If you have a problem like mine, bring it home and try it on with the tags still on. If you don't like it, simply return it.

"Everyone" I know how much it sucks to return things, and be the CS person to take returns, but just read the return policy on the back of the receipt and you'll have no problems. If you have any questions about the policy, ask the cashier or another qualified individual, they'd be more than happy to explain it to you, so you understand!

Quote = “katie”

“your really are just a ***”

Doesn’t “***” mean a bad word was expunged from this page? If so, why are you insulting me? If you have a point (or counter point) to make to contribute to the conversation please do so in a civil and neutral tone.

Quote = “katie”

“these people are trying to express there dislike for target”

Perhaps. They can do so by simply shopping in another store..

Quote = “katie”

“for other people to relate to just shut up”

Yes, I agree that many of these complaining posters should “just shut up”. The more they write the more revealing it is that they have no empathy for the Target TM, or appreciation for the Target brands. In fact many of them seem clueless about how to be effective as a consumer.

While Target is not perfect it is very successful and considered by many to be superior to other main street. big-box, bricks and mortar retailers (two of which have ‘mart’ in their name).

May I Help You Find Something

your really are just a *** these people are trying to express there dislike for target for other people to relate to just shut up

Quote = Dee

“Now "May" you sound like a mole for Target.”

Not a “mole” – But I am a lowly cashier at a Target store, where I deal with the human zoo six days a week. The vast majority of our guests are polite, grateful of Target’s brand, and genuinely enjoy shopping in our stores.

Quote = Dee

“I will never ever read anything from you cause you're an ***!”

Pity. You would have learned a lot. As you rushed to name calling I think we have learned something about your position here, too.

Comments Welcome!

Now "May" you sound like a mole for Target. I will never ever read anything from you cause you're an ***!

:eek

Never-don't be too discouraged.

Some Targets like Ralphs make it hard on people. Hang in there

Quote = “Never ever”

“I have had way to(sic) many problems with target to even count.” Well, I read your entire diatribe and counted just two (Karoke player and a t-shirt dress). That’s all you’ve got?

Quote = “Never ever”

“The thing only worked for 2 weeks, but by the time I got back to return it, I'd missed the 30 electronics return policy by 2 days.”

The current store return policy is ninety days. One of the few conditions is the item has to be complete, in resale condition, and either a receipt or traceable credit or debit card number to confirm the purchase. Who told you the policy was thirty days?

Quote = “Never ever”

“after buying a t-shirt dress that I didnt bother to try on (silly me)but was going to wear the very next day”

So you admit that you didn’t try it on? How is that Target’s fault?

Quote = “Never ever”

“I took the tags off and slipped it on”

Reread the policy regarding returns. IF you cut off the tags you forfeit the return privilege. What is so hard to understand?

Quote = “Never ever”

“I just felt like that was a really hokey excuse! And I took the dress and receipt back and VOWED I WILL NEVER EVER SHOP AT TARGET AGAIN!”

Well, it doesn’t sound like you will follow simple and practical rules, which are clearly stated for all guests to read and understand. Perhaps you’re just not ready to shop at a store for grown ups? You are actually helping all the other Target guests by staying away.