I just tried to return a microwave purchased in October to the Everett Mall Way store.The microwave was purchased by the school for our department.

For the last couple of months it has not been heating anything although it sounded like it was ok. I was asked if I had the box. No I don't. Really?

The manager came and said sorry but after 3 months it has to be returned to the manufacturer by the buyer. The microwave was $75.00 and not worth trying to fix it.

It was purchased for our workplace.I left it there and will get a better quality one at Costco when it opens this a.m.

Review about: Microwave.

I didn't like: Customer service.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy / $82
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Target?

Comments

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #1313788

Your receipt expired in January. Theres nothing they can do. If its been acting up for months you should have returned it then.

Houston, Texas, United States #1312986

OP:

This is part of their return policy regarding major appliances, which can be found on their website...

Major Appliances (MA)

- A major appliance may be returned or exchanged within 7 days of the purchase date if the item has a manufacturing defect.

- A major appliance can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of the purchase date, if the item has not been used and is in the original package.

- If items do not meet the rules above, the Guest must contact the vendor for warranty issues/concerns or claims.- Returns, refunds or exchanges must have a receipt.

I understand that you did not like their policy, and that you consider it to be poor customer service, but you could have done the research before buying the microwave. What will you do if the same problem happens at Costco? Will you complain about the poor customer service as well?

I would not be surprised if this is standard procedure at any retailer.Will you complain about that as well if/when that happens again?