I spend about 200 to 300 dollars a month at Target.I went there today, went to checkout with a cart full of stuff.

At checkout I was informed that if I get their credit card I will always get 5% off of everything at Target. I do not want their credit card though. That means if I do not want their credit card I have to pay 5% more than someone who gets their stupid credit card. I don't want to pay 5% more so I told the cashier I changed my mind and to keep the stuff I was going to buy.

I will never shop at Target again because I refuse to pay more because I do not want their credit card. What a stupid, greedy corporate gimmic.

I always liked and respected Target.

Now I totally disrespect them and see them as yet another corporation playing games to rip off the public.I will never shop there again.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Target isn't the only store that does this.They do it because when you use the Target card instead of VISA, Master Card or others they do not have to pay a percentage to the credit card company.

The company issuing the store card makes up for the loss of the transaction fee by charging interest rates that are often double what you would pay on a bank credit card. Target also gets to send you advertising with your bills every month as well. It isn't hard to find a credit card that will pay you 2% for using their card. Get one of those and use it.

If you quit shopping at stores that want you to use their card you will soon run out of places to shop.They may not tell you at the register but look at the signs around the store and you will find it is common for stores to give you a discount if you use their card.