Update by user Mar 14, 2013

OKAY, OKAY, UNCLE...MAYBE I WAS A LITTLE OVERSENSITIVE. I GUESS THERE REALLY IS NO PRIVACY ANYMORE ANYWAY. WHO CARES

Original review posted by user Jan 31, 2013

I am 64 years old. I was making several purchases at Target, including a case of beer for the Super Bowl.

I didn't mind them asking to check my ID, even though it is obvious I am way past 21 years old. What outraged me, though, was scanning my ID and all the private information that is none of their business into their system. It is an outrageous invasion of privacy.

Why do they need to track my alcohol purchases, and what other purchases are they tracking? I will not be shopping at Big Brother Target again unless they change their policy.

Comments

Norfolk, Virginia, United States #627744

As someone already stated we don't track anything. In the program the registers use, it reads the birth date then clears the memory after the transaction is finished.That'd be like we're tracking all of your information every time you swipe your credit or debit card. The reason why we scan is one to save time (cashiers are scored on how fast they ring transactions and can be reprimanded if they have a low speed score for too long) and two so it eliminates the chance of a team member putting in their underaged friend's birthday as being of age (just for example).

to gstrainer New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #628038

You shouldn't work as a "gstrainer". You skills would be better suited in the garden department where you can direct your "guests" on the location of Target's manure spreaders!

One, Target's employees pass underaged friends off so often that Target had to invented a software program to watch their own, paid employees who are being recorded for every transaction on cameras? "And two" thank goodness for their program that saves us time.

Target thinks of everything to help shoppers, don't they. Utter BS (get it?)

So from January 31st until now, "reportalu" is SO beaten down by the enumerable responses to his posting that he's crying uncle?

Oh, yeah - right!

These responding comments have been SO harsh and belittling that he just couldn't bear them anymore. He was just being "a little oversensitive" like he posted a day ago - uh, sure!!

Yea, yer right - THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED.

Probably, next he'll type a retraction.

"Well this is laughable".

North Aurora, Illinois, United States #622805

Well this is laughable. We are required to scan your ID for you to get out of there quicker.

Unless you would like us to enter your birth date into the system and then wait for minute after minute for a manger to arrive to clear the system so you can get out of the store. We aren't tracking you by any means.

Hello LadyScot and NaN:

"It's me, Martha"

Just wanted to say hello.

to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #623052

Hi, Martha!

Naples, Florida, United States #618249

Do you not realize when you write a c heck or slide your debit or credit card, that SAME information is read? Jesus. People..

to LadyScot Naples, Florida, United States #624915

to LadyScot Naples, Florida, United States #624925

Seriously, do you really have nothing better to do than follow me around? You are nothing more than a jealous bully who probably got your *** beat in elementary school.

What is funny, if you were standing in front of me you would cower, because you are a coward. How do I know? Because you are too chicken S.H.I.T to make your own user ID on websites that you follow me on.

That's ok honey. Everyone needs fans and you are my biggest..

to LadyScot New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #625043

Well - hello LadyScot. Didn't think you'd hear from me again, did you?

Here I am again; you didn't shut me down yet. I'm so happy that you are being exposed for who you actually are. You don't give one dam-n about the poor people who post to this site. Your entire goal is to please the people whose as-s you kiss at pissedconsumer.com and cra-p on every poster you possibly can to make yourself look like you are doing a hel-lof a great job for the company.

I have requested several of your fellow cohorts be shut down/"blocked" for violations against the terms we all had to initally agree to so we could use the site Pissedconsumer, but my request went ignored. Now I realize it's because I don't work for Pissedconsumer, but you do. If nothing else comes out of this and I get shut out permanently (like you've failed at doing so far), at least no one will trust anything you write. You and your cronies are being exposed and it's clearer for people to see now.

If I can't get back on Pissedconsumer in the future because you managed to get me blocked out, at least I've exposed your inner circle of Pissedconsumer saboteurs.

I sincerely hope LadyScot becomes the thorn in your eye you can't remove. Between he and I, maybe you creeps will quit taking shots at the very people this site was supposed to help!

to LadyScot Naples, Florida, United States #624919

oops sorry my bad I am one of those white trash blue collar workers who hate on customers...I only wish I had a husband even one that would treat me like the trash I am but I'm a lonely hag with nothing but this site to help me spread my hateful antics. (type in ladyscot in the search option and see how many times I have shared my ignorant foolish hateful comments, don't bother reading my manifesto of my experiences in retail it took me over 2 hours to compose, proof I have nothing better to do and that no one loves me or cares about me and I am bitter and take it out on as many people on this site as I possibly can it doesn't matter if their complaints are valid all that matters is that I try to beat you down and show everyone what a *** I am!)

to LadyScot New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #625047

Well - hello LadyScot. Didn't think you'd hear from me again, did you?

If nothing else comes out of this and I get shut out permanently (like you are trying to get accomplished), at least no one will trust anything you write.

You and your cronies are being exposed and it's clearer for people to see now. If I can't get back on Pissedconsumer in the future because you managed to get me blocked out, at least I've exposed your inner circle of Pissedconsumer sabateurs.

to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #625144

Honey, I am not interested in shutting you down. I find you amusing, as does everyone else who can read.

Enjoy yourself hiding behind your little copycat user ID. And Anonymous, honey, really.

at least use your name if you are going to mouth off. It makes you look so much more realistic.

to Anonymous New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #625560

LadyScot - Honey, really? You're not interested in shutting me down?

Then, I will cut and paste a response from another posting LadyScot ambitiously responded to (that being Wal-Mart) because it is SOS (same old s**t):

You find postings amusing because they don't use their name? So, your name is LadyScot? Your NAME is LadyScot? The only thing that would be funnier is if it was "Ihatestupidcustomers", or "BigBruce" or "Tasha" or something like that.

Oh man, that WOULD be world class funny and not at all chicken s.h.i.t. And - They hide like cowards? THEY hide like cowards? How in the world did your IP address come up from Naples, Florida?

Real talent there, LadyScot! It would have been funnier if it came up from somewhere like Pennsylvania or Arkansas or even Toronto! (You know, that's in Canada where they spell words differently than they do in the lower "48"). Man, that would be a SCREAM!

And - They are cowards? THEY are cowards? I don't see anyone else jumping locations like LadyScot and his co-workers did and yet, "THEY" are cowards? Why don't you at least own up to who you are and what your job is?

Talk about cowards - is this one of those classic, "takes one to know one"? Oh, and I simply love this line, "I did nothing but show what misery customers show retail workers to get this behaviour". (Did you know they spell words differently in Canada than they do in America)? YOU LYING HYPOCRITE!!!!

You don't even have b.a.l.l.s. enough to admit who YOU are and you are calling everyone else cowards!!! AND ON ANOTHER FRONT - Don't you even have a fragment of a conscience? All these people want to do is share their bad experiences, and you hounds drag them through the mud for posting on a site that you're SUPPOSED TO SHARE BAD EXPERIENCES ON!!!!!

It's all good, though.

Keep on writing, keep on laughing and keep on blocking honest users. IT'S ALL GOOD FOR THE CAUSE!

to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #625641

My internet ID is LadyScot. The ID I have used online since 1995.

So? Like I said, I use the same NIC. I don't have to use random cowardly anonymous IDs. YOU hide behind a bull *** hidden identity.

Why don't you come out of the closet and use a real identity? I know why.

You are chicken S H I T. Either deal with it or shut up.

to Anonymous New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #626056

HERE'S THE "DEAL", LadyScot: I'm just wondering,

Would that be the same closet you're in, "LadyScot" or is it Ms. chicken s.h.i.t.

to you?

In that closet, are there paychecks from PissedConsumer.com? I lobe that same directive to you, "Either put up or shut up"!

Cleveland, Ohio, United States #618162

its just another way to stop underage sales. State law is at one level but companies can take it up a notch to do an even better job.

Target will ask for an ID even if your the pope, president, or your own grandmother of 99 on her death bed. they card everyone. If you make a practice to card everyone there is NO room for error.

and scanning it keeps no info. I work at target, I have access to inside POS when you look up the transaction it simply says ID approved.

New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #608611

Of course that's what they're doing, Anon of Ohio. Yeah, yer right.

Don't they trust their own employees?

Why can't other stores get by with flashing their IDs for the camera? Do you say that only Target is verifying customers ages and no other facility is reallt doing it since no one else is scanning their ids?

Sounds lame on Target's part.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #608406

They're not scanning for anything other than DOB, this only ensures that the clerk is selling alcohol to somebody who is actually of age and not selling it to an underage buddy who flashed an ID for the cameras.

You are a *** yourself, Anonymous from Guadalupe, Arizona. You are telling an OLD man to GROW UP???

Grow your snarky self up, young man.

Newsflash - lots of people don't like the policy to SCAN IDs. Target may thrive(?-ha) without the IMMATURE OLD PEOPLE on your MATURE YOUNG PEOPLE'S money, but let the old men who haven't grown up press the issue and see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!