1.7

My wallet was stolen together with some of the target gift cards. I happened to have kept one of the receipt of the gift card received from returning products back to Target.

I immediately called target gift card customer service and the local Target store, all the people I talked to said they could' t track down the number of the gift card from the receipt.

I decided to gave another try last Friday and chatted online with a person who happened to be the manager and he was able to pull the record of the gift card number based on the receipt. However, it was too late and the gift card was already spent by the person who stole my wallet and there is no way I could recover it back.

The manager couldn't even pull the phone records of me calling. If the staff I talked to were competent, I could have recovered value of this card.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $86. The author is overall dissatisfied with Target. The most disappointing about target gift card from Target was lack of knowledge, customer service sucks and customer service at gift cards are rude Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Target.

Comments

Dayton, Ohio, United States #1047238

Did they say they couldn't or did they say they wouldn't? I haven't worked for Target for years but when I was a supervisor there they wouldn't even if they could.

Too much potential fraud there.

Orange, California, United States #1035018

You were careless and had your wallet stolen due to that and you are calling them incompetent? Next time give your wallet to mommy and ask for it when you are ready to buy something.

When you finish buying what you want to buy give it to her for her safekeeping since you are the incompetent one and cannot take responsibility for your belongings.

I understand that you lost your wallet, and that can happen. What makes me suspect that you are a four year old child is you refuse to accept any responsibility for losing the wallet and blame Target for your carelessness.