I wanted to buy an item sold only online and pick it up at the store. I was told there would be a charge to pick it up at the store unless I had their red card.

I left the store and bought it somewhere else. I am retired with a fixed income and would probably not qualify for a red card. I already have several cards that I use sparingly and I'm not looking to have one for every single store I shop in. I bought the identical item for the exact same price at home depot.

I ordered it online. 2 days later I got a text message stating my order was ready for pick up. In-store pick up was free. no store card required.

I have been shopping at target for years but never bought anything that required in-store pick up. what I found out is that you have to have their red card to get preferential treatment. I called customer service at their headquarters in Minnesota and was told in-store pick ups are free for everyone. Someone needs to get their facts straight.

As for me, there are to many stores that sell the same items for the same prices to be bothered with a store that has a preferred customer policy.

Good by target. hello home depot.

Reason of review: in-store pick policy.

Comments

Target is the worst for requiring you have a red card or use their cartwheel app to get deals. I have no use for either and prefer to shop at stores that don't require you to shop with a cell phone in your hand to get their best price.