I have always shopped at Target as opposed to any other competitor (and trust me, I am no young un), that came to a screeching halt yesterday.

I presented my check in the amount of $300+, much to my embarrassment, my check was declined.

I had two carts full of items, as we recently purchased a lake home and am in the middle of redecorating. When I called the 800 number I was told I had sufficient funds in our account (really) and the reason the were unable to approve the check is because I did not have a long enough history from the account (granted we did open a new account when financing for the property).

When I told the gentleman on the phone they have lost a customer for life, I received "Ok" then click. I couldn't believe this.

I absolutely refuse to walk into a Target again. I like their stores, they are clean and the layout is incredibly easy.

Comments

you do realize that if there was funds in your account the reason why it was not approved was because at one point or another you wrote target a bad check as with all companys once you write them a bad check they no longer will accept any checks from you. you might consider getting a debit card like the rest of society and quit writing bad checks.

If you are so defensive about a topic you have a name that starts with "not a" that means you probably are. Your real username should be not a f a g

That was poor customer service and that person really shouldn't be in that job. Hopefully the call was monitored (and the call center was in the US).

I work customer service myself and if an employee said something like that here, they would have been fired. Comments like that are in the same vein as cursing, immediate termination. Sorry for your experience.

BTW...There are a lot of trolls on this site. I am surprised the comments aren't monitored.

I went to Target today looking for a new hunting rifle. I found one I like and when I tried trading 2 racoon skins, 3 coyote skins, and a mule they rejected that form of payment.

They said they only accept forms of payment from this century. I was in disbelief.

I'm never going to Target again.

darcher88

I agree jo69guy.

I do have a debit card but have always used checks, they treat both equally, the money comes out of your account immediately.

jo69guy

That's pretty astounding. It sounds like Target doesn't care about you at all

Get a debit card like the rest of the world you old retard. Jesus, get with the times. Target is better off without you and your 1980's style of conducting business.

darcher88

My bank did not refuse the check. Target did as that account didn't have a 6 month history with them.

I don't get it. Your BANK declined a transaction, and you're holding it over Target's head? You should be complaining about your bank, if anything.